CHAPTER III

The cafeteria was bustling with students. Students chatting among themselves as they find tables, pick out their lunch, and eat lunch. Like every other day the gossipers of the school were gossiping to their friends of what had happened in the days events. Their topic: new students. They were gossiping about the four new students. They were gossiping mainly about Carter and Zion as interesting things had happened around those two. All the students knew about Harper was that she's really friendly and out going the opposite of her brother, Maverick. Maverick was mostly quiet but he was easy to talk to.

    "Like seriously, a three page essay to be passed two days from now? Is Mr. Wildrof insane?" Angela shook her head listening to Jessica rant about the assignment she had to do with Mike. While Jessica was ranting, Mike was simply listening to her. Not caring about the assignment. At least it was by partner and not individual. If the assignment had been by individual, he wouldn't doubt to fail submission of his papers. "It's just an assignment Jessica." Angela said. "It's three pages Angela. Three pages!" Bella was ignoring her friends rant about homework. If you put your heart into it then you'll finish in no time. She was chewing on her salad while thinking back on what she and Edward discussed about during Government with Mr. Jefferson.

    Mr. Jefferson had assigned students by partners to work on an activity he provided. While she had been paired up with Edward, they had talked about a few things regarding Edward's mate. Edward told her of his name, Carter Wildrof, before changing topics. She knew something happened by the way Edward shifted im his seat as she wrote down the answers on their paper. She didn't mind it at first until she had enough when Edward would space out. Not wanting to hide anything from her, he told Bella about the little incident. If she could call it that but since he did, she didn't correct him. She was shocked about the way Edward spoke of him with a loving yet longing look in his eyes. She wanted to change his mind about staying away from Carter but didn't voice it out. Edward was stubborn so there was no point in talking about it.

    "Jessie!" She looked up and saw the new girl, Harper Vanderson. She shared Trigonometry with her and Jessica. "Harper!" Jessica sat up and hugged her friend. Harper noticed Bella and smiled at her. "Hey Bella." Bella nodded with a smile towards the girl. Harper was a sweetheart. She was kind and really out going. She was the opposite of Bella but the girl was somehow interested of her bahevior. During trigonometry, Harper picked up on some things she noticed about Bella. Bella would glance at a blonde girl a few seats away from time to time. Bella wasn't dumb, she knew Harper noticed but thought nothing of it. Bella was simply glancing at Rosalie since one of the new students were in her shared class. Bella was stunned when she saw Harper approach Rosalie and talked to her. She was internally screaming at what she was doing but calmed down when Harper settled in her seat beside Rosalie. Rosalie had an unreadable expression on her face and that's it.

    "Harper. The lines getting long let's go grab lunch already." Bella turned to the boy who stood beside Harper with a longing look towards the lunch line. Harper rolled her eyes as she introduced him to Bella since everyone else at the table knew them. "Bella. I would like you to meet my brother, Maverick Vanderson. Mavz, this is Bella from my trigonometry class." Maverick gave his sister a glare for the nickname. "Don't call me that." He then turned to Bella. "Nice meeting you Bella." She smiled at him. "You too." "Where's Zion and Carter?" Jessica asked as she looked around for the duo. "Zion's probably on his way and Carter? No clue." Jessica nodded as the two siblings smiled down at her. "So how was Switzerland?" Mike asked and Harper scoffed. "Cold. Like really cold." Maverick snickered. "She wore four layers of clothes everyday. If you count if the scarf and coat then she's wearing six." Everyone on the table laughed as he received a whack on the back of his head. "Well I'm not exactly thick skinned like you. Unlike you dear brother of mine, I am delicate." Mike snorted at her words. "You say that but you were a wild child when we were younger." Everyone on the table once again laughed while Harper and Maverick smiled.