Gathering

(Lucy POV)

"I don't get it."

"There's nothing to get. You will remain here with the others until I send a team to come back for you. Til then, get comfortable."

The door shut with a slam behind the older woman. God. What a bitch.
This happened twice before.
Once when I was 8. And once when I was 12.
And now, 6 years later, it was happening again.

A storm was coming.

I looked around and saw the familiar faces of those i had seen before, all those years ago.

"I guess we're stuck then." One of them spoke.

I smiled. "Joseph, was it?" I asked.
He nodded. "Hey, you remember us?"

"Of course I do. How can I forget my fellow hostage buddies? I mean, I'm not crazy, this has happened before right?" I ask.

"Totally," a girl, Coretta, says.

"Okay. Just checking." I say.

"You're Harley's daughter, Lucy. Right?" Another girl, Damita asks.
I smile. "The one and only."

"Yup. Still got the same auburn hair and everything. Surprised you didn't dye it or anythin'." Damita chuckles. "I mean, you know."

"Cause my mom dyed her hair? Yeah, no. Apparently she's a natural blonde but I dunno, we ain't that close." I chuckle.

"Okay you two, quit it," Joseph sighed, "have you forgotten we're stuck in this tiny room until God knows when?"

"Relaaax," I giggle and sit down Indian style on the floor, "your moms not leaving us in here. Besides, we all know how this ends. They're just protecting us."

"Lucy. We ain't kids no more, okay? We can fend for ourselves!" Joseph spouts off angrily. It gets under my skin.

"Oh yeah?" I say, "how bout you say that to Floyd's daughter in the corner there, probably about to piss herself from fright." I say with narrow eyes. I grab Joseph and tug him down closer. "Shut up and relax. Don't be a buzzkill."

And with that, I let him go.

He fixed himself and narrows his eyes back at me.

"Jeez, you're way too relaxed, almost like you're in on this." Joseph states.

"Oh please, my moms not the one who trapped us in here. AGAIN for the third time, Joseph. My moms not freaking Amanda Waller. So put on your big boy pants and relax." I say, watching his anger peak. But he turns away and takes a few steps back, probably to chill. Wise move.

I look to the side and smile at the girl, who's about my age, whimpering in fear.

"Hey, Zoe." I call to her. She looks up and instantly lights up.

"Lucy!?" She scurries over to me and throws her arms around me.

"Aww hey sis! You doing okay?" I ask, clearly knowing she wasn't doing okay. Not even close. The poor girl was scared half to death.

"No! I was walking to my car after classes and they put a bag over my head. Next thing I know, I'm in this room alone. My dad's gonna kill me!" She exclaims in panic.