Where am I?

(LUCY POV)

Ugh...where am I?

The last thing I remember, I was walking down Main St. 

It was around morning, maybe 6 AM? Barely. I didn't have a watch or a phone on me. Next thing I know, I'm waking up here in this...basement?

I had opened my eyes to see I was on a very thin mattress on the floor. The little room or basement, whatever it is, is dimly lit. I could see my surroundings but only barely. I did notice a staircase to the side of me but that would be pointless since my hands were chained to a post near the mattress.

Right now, all I could do was think back to what I do actually remember. I know I was thrown in a room by Amanda Waller, which I was able to escape. I was supposed to go back and free the rest but the reason I didn't was because I didn't think it would be a good idea to expose them to whatever danger we were facing, assuming there was any danger at all. 

I had walked down the streets for a while, going left and right not out of knowledge, but sheer panic. I was doing my best to avoid shady characters.

And then the explosion, and almost crossing paths with some of the most terrifying criminals in all of Gotham? I definitely must have been venturing towards The Narrows. Poison Ivy, the Penguin, the Joker! I'd be dead if they'd seen me.  After I had turned back to run the other way and avoid them, everything goes black. I can't remember.

And it frustrates me! I feel tears well in my eyes as I try desperately to remember but I only end up with a headache.

Where even am I? I should have just stayed with the others, trapped and hungry. At least with them I knew they wouldn't hurt me. But I don't know what my odds at surviving this are.

_________________

"How could you do this!?" Harley screamed at Amanda Waller. "That's my baby! What do you mean you've lost her?"

"I know you're currently confined to a hospital bed, Quinn, but I strongly advise you bite your tongue when speaking to me." Waller said coolly.

"Yeah? Is that how cool you'd be if one of your own kids was out wandering in Gotham right now?" Harley countered.

"Your daughter is 18, is she not? I'm sure she's somewhere safe right now, if not home already." Waller said.

"Can't you use yer fancy technology to track her? Just to give me some peace of mind, just so I know she's safe? I'd do anything to know she's okay, cause I have a feeling that shit's not right," Harley bit.

"Unfortunately I can't do that. We tried tracing her phone but there seems to be no signal. Her phone's either dead or she ditched it. I've sent a few men after her now and I expect they should nab her soon if she's out there." Waller turned to leave.

"Wait, what do you mean 'if she's out there'? Waller?! Come back you bitch!" Harley screamed after Amanda, who had walked out already. 

In truth, Waller would be lying to herself if she claimed she wasn't concerned about Lucy's whereabouts. From what Floyd had described upon their arrival, Lucy was right in the crosshairs of this thing. She had a very bad feeling about the girls survival rate but to tell Harley that? She knew what it was to be a mother, and she'd never put another mother down like that.

The only thing that was really important right now, and perhaps the only thing going for Lucy, was the fact that no one other than herself knew the truth about her.

About who her parents were.

Waller knew how the criminal underworld operated. They feared Waller, and they feared the bat. But the Joker terrified them all. He was the true boogeyman. And to find out the boogeyman had an asset...she'd be targeted to the ends of the earth.

______________________

Joker walked out of the greenhouse with a big smile on his face. He saw his confidant and number one guy, Johnny Frost, was already waiting for him.

"All good, boss?" Johnny asked, opening the door for his boss.

"Oh Johnny boy, you know how these things go," Joker grinned.

Johnny smiled. He knew all the details, he knows why Joker would visit Ivy time to time: a little bit of Intimidation followed indefinitely by a nice romp in the hay.

"Sure do, boss." Johnny nodded.

"Did you get the thing I asked you to get?" Joker asked.

"Yeah. Deep dish. Pepperoni and black olives. Extra Cheese." Johnny replied, pointing to the back seat. Joker looked back and saw the pizza box.

"Oh good, what kind of a host would I be if I let my guest go hungry?" Joker laughed out loud.