Chapter 2

I scrolled through my twitter timeline, reading and fangirling over some of my friends said. Haha, they can always cheer me upp.

It’s Tuesday, but I didn’t go to school. Why? Because I’m homeschooled. Why? Because regular school was hell.

So, the reason why I was homeschooled was a year ago (or maybe months ago), I came home crying. My friends knew about me having kidney failure and they all mocked and teased me about it. Almost no one wanted to talk to me because of the two drama queens in the school, Chloe Jackson and Lindsay Stewart.

Both of them spreaded horrible, fake news about me and therefore, everybody was ashamed to talk to me. You know those girls who think that they control the whole school? Well, Chloe and Lindsay. Taylor and Zacare the only ones who still want to talk to me. That’s why I love them so so so so much. I love them to the moon and back.

I still remembered that day clearly, and whenever I thought of that time, my eyes went blurry because of tears. It hurts me so much until now, and I am the kind of girl who forgives people easily, but what they did to me... ugh. I don’t hate people, but whenever I thought of them it’s like scratching my nails on a chalkboard.

It was Monday and things went unusually weird. People avoided me on the hallway, and my teachers looked at me with a worried look, as if I was going to fall unconscious whenever. I ignored all of them ‘cause I know that they didn’t know about my illness.

But in dismissal time, Chloe and Lindsay screamed and yelled their lungs out, “HEY! SOPHIE KEPT A SECRET ALL ALONG, BUT WE ALL KNOW ABOUT IT, RIGHT?!”

People smiled devilishly and even some people looked at me with a sad face. But there was only one face in the crowd that I saw and stared at; Josh.

Josh was like the Prince Charming of the school. Famous and handsome, he can get any girl he liked only by a simple “Hey, wanna go out with me?” and BAM. The next day, gossips spreaded.

It’s like what happened between me and Josh. He asked me out, and he asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend. Of course I said yes; I mean, what kind of girl can refuse him? He’s got the eyes that sparkled and the smile that can melt your heart. Plus, he’s hot.

But that day, Josh smirked devilishly. “You think that you can keep your dirty little secret all along, Sophie?” Josh said as he walked towards me. I looked at him, shocked and pained. I never thought that the guy that I trusted besides my dad, my brothers and Zac betrayed me only to bring me down.

“HOW DARE-” “Shut up, bitch! You are not one of us anymore, you are an OUTCAST now.” Lindsay snapped her fingers right in front of my eyes and her piercing blue eyes showed no mercy. But then I saw another thing in her eyes; disgust.

I started to tear up and I ran my way home. The distance between my house and my school was pretty far, but I kept running and running and running, not even bothered by the fact that I was soaked because it was raining. I was actually glad that it was raining because it felt like the sky was crying for me and with me.

I shook my head, trying to erase that memory from my head. I fell a tear running down my cheek and I rubbed my face. I didn’t notice that I was crying. I wiped all my tears and read another tweets.

And then one tweet shocked me. Greyson will perform on Oregon.

---

I'm sorry if it's bad!(:

Much love,

Dinda x