Chapter 1 (Part 1)

I open my eyes to feel warmth, I see..flames...I hear yelling. "VANESSA SWEETHEART, COME ON!" My mother  shouted. I used my strength to get out of the burning plane, I got up. "M-Mom.." I managed to say.

"It's okay, me and your father are okay. We have to evacuate and now." People started running, I got confused as my mom grabbed me by the hand and we ran with the crowd. "Mom-" I started to speak but there was a big explosion, some of us jumped back and my mom cried in pain.

"MOM!" I shouted as I ran to her. "Vanessa...it isn't safe here. Go without us. Take your things." She tossed my suitcase and I grabbed it. "But mom..." I started tearing up. The siren noises drew near. "Please Vanessa, GO!" I began running as fast as I can.

I ran through the grass, carrying my suitcase and up this hill I find a tower. I climb up the steps and hide underneath a small table as the sirens go much closer, I put on my hoodie and stayed quiet. I get startled as I see Coco enter. "C-Coco..." I whispered. "Woah, you okay Ness?!" She sat next to me and comforted me.

"Mom...dad..." I said. "It's okay. They'll be okay Ness." I got up as the noises had gone away. "Come on, I found some people." Coco grabbed me as I had no choice but to follow.