Chapter-19- Evidence

Chapter 19

When Reece arrived home, he went in his room, lieing on his bed.

Benji and John sat in the living room giving him space.

*Suddenly his phone rang*

*He answered*

"Yo, who this?" Reece said.

"Chippy" He answered.

"Wahgwaan?" Reece asked.

"Deh yere enuh, just did a hail you up" He said.

"Ye, kinda surprised you call stills" Reece said.

"Ye mon, sorry bout everything bro" He said.

"Yuh should be! Box mi fi box yuh" Reece said.

"Cool nuh[he laughed] so how everything, here shawty pregnant and you outta town" He said.

"Ye...good" Reece said.

"Yuh turn father before me, wah" He said[then he laughed again]

Reece shaked his head.

"Glad fi hear from yuh still" He continued.

"Ye so weh ya do?" Reece asked.

"Oh me a prepare fi a dance." He said.

"Oh, well take care bro " Reece said.

"Yh man, see yuh around" He said.

The phone hanged up.

The following day......

Benji came to talk to Reece.

"Benji !" Reece said.

"Ye!" Benji jr. answered.

"I never tell you....but I'm telling you now" Reece said.

"What is it?" Benji asked.

"The Harringtons are walking free, knowing they committed a crime " He said.

Benji was shocked.

"I told you they were in jail, caz me never want you find them and attack them" Reece said.

"But now! You're the only solid evidence right now, so talk please" Reece said.

Benji was furious. He never wanted to go back to that awful moment but he had to. He wanted justice.

He sat down beside Reece, John came sitting with them too.

Benji took a deep breath in and let it out.

"Take your time benj" John said while patting his back. "I know you feel pressured, but we were waiting until you were settled to ask you, what happened that day" John stated.

Benji fortunately remembered everything that day. It was unfortunate for him though, he couldn't forget.

"Sleepless nights, bwoy it did rough" Benji said.

"So where were you staying" John asked.

"With my girlfriend but we left, so I and came here" Benji said.

"But it all started when....my fada got caught having sex with Mrs. Devil Harrington" He said.

"They saw me as a humble youth, eighteen like you at the time [ he pointed at Reece] I wasn't working , and the Harringtons took me in and took care of me like their own son, but after a while they keep sending me to deliver drugs to people whenever they ordered, Daddy never knew about that, the one time I successfully sold drugs to someone, they took it as a habit to keep sending me, one time I almost got shot, I ran so far,all the way to John house" Benji explained.