𝐓𝐖𝐎!

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓.
━━━━━

the receptionist eyed the pair suspiciously, and narrowed her eyes at kentrell. looking him up and down, she snatched the papers from his hand and hummed quizzically. "mhmm... wait hea'."

the older went to go take a seat in one of the chairs of the waiting room. he slid his grey hoodie over his head and slouched in the chair. "take ya time. i ain't in no rush."

the lady rolled her eyes at him and mumbled something under her breath. pryce wasn't sure why she was giving so much attitude towards him but he definitely understood how she felt.

"are you okay, hun? did he hurt you?" she asked inspecting his face and neck. kentrell looked onward at the two scoffed, rolling his eyes at her sweet gesture. both pryce and the receptionist glared daggers at him for his insensitivity. 

"i'm okay thank you." he answered, not sure how to feel about the situation. she gave him a small smile and proceeded to the back room to make copies of the assignment.

silence fell upon the pair as pryce stood awkwardly leaning on the front desk and kentrell sat on the other side of the room, scrolling on his olive green iphone 11. it felt like forever since the lady went to the back room and pryce was getting more anxious with every second that passed. 

the urge to look at kentrell increased rapidly, and finally he gave in and shifted his gaze and head slightly at the older. and to pryce's surprise, kentrell was staring right back at him. his face was emotionless and his honey-colored eyes swam with something indescribable. the younger found it almost impossible to look away.

neither could kentrell.

he liked teasing and messing with the younger boy, and there was something about him that he found alluring and his interest slowly started to peak. but, he hid it well behind his expressionless facade. 

a challenging smirk appeared on the older's face, which was enough to make pryce whip his head and his stare in the opposite direction. he cursed under his breath and wished for the receptionist to appear faster. 

as if his prayers were answered, the receptionist lady appeared from the back with a medium-sized stack of papers in her arms. 

"sorry for the wait. the printer was acting up and i had to figure out what was wrong with it." she explained to the boys, but kentrell couldn't careless. the lady looked at pryce and there was a glint of mischief in them, but he couldn't be too sure, so he just looked the other way. 

plopping the paper in his lap she want back to her desk and picked up her phone. "aight, y'all got what y'all need. get out."

pryce chuckled to himself and shook his head. "bye," he waved back at her. kentrell didn't say anything but nod at the woman and walked behind pryce out of the office and into the long, empty corridors of the school.

they continued without either of them saying anything to the other. but the silence didn't last long. 

"you got a name, teacher's pet?" kentrell asked tauntingly, using the phrase that again that pryce disliked. the older boy knew it got on his nerves, and seeing him irritated and bothered was kinda cute to him.

pryce smacked his lips. "pryce." he muttered, already annoyed at where this conversation was heading to. 

kentrell all but hummed at his response. "hmmm. okay." there was quiet until the hazel-eyed boy spoke again. 

"say, pryce can you hold these fa' me right quick?" he was referring to the stack of paper in his grip. groaning and rolling his eyes, he took them from him and held them in his arms.