Chapter 9

"You have to explain it to me", you said chewing on your lip, "I want to know everything." He sighed and looked to the side, out of the window.

"Okay", he agreed and pushed his hair back. This conversation wasn't fun but you had to sort it out.

After Yoongi told the bullies in your school about your secret they never left you alone with it. You were alone again after you had found a friend for the first time.

Your heart was still healing and you tried your best to forget the terrible things they said to you.

"Why did you shove all of it into my face when we met after ten years again at my first award show?", you asked, a tear escaping your eye, "I finally made it and you had to destroy it all. Why?"

When you met again and you saw him in the crowd five years ago, you were actually relieved that he also made it out of your neighbourhood.

You wanted to forgive him, but he continued where you stopped in school. He said awful things about you and almost made you hit him.

Of course, the press noticed and the next day your rage was printed all over the newspapers.

"I provoked you to hide my fear and my insecurities", he explained in a quiet voice, "I was still anxious that you would tell someone. But I was wrong."

Now you were full on sobbing and you didn't plan to stop. All your hurt feelings flowed out and you finally could let go.

He moved his gaze from the skyline to you and the walls inside of him crumbled at the sight of you.

"I'm not asking for your forgiveness. What I did was unforgivable. But...", he said slowly walking towards you, "I want to make it up to you."

He gently placed both of his hands on each of your cheek and wiped your tears away with his thumbs. His fingers felt warm on your cold skin.

You closed your eyes and let him put his arms around you. He pulled you to his chest and softly caressed your hair. You laid your head down on his shoulder and inhaled his scent.

How much you have missed him. You felt like your heart was healing faster now that you heard the words from him which you wanted to hear for so long. Your breathing slowly calmed and the numbness disappeared.

"Let's go to bed", he whispered grabbing your hand.

He led you upstairs and you both changed to sleep. He was lazily lying on the bed and waited for you.

"Come here", he said patting on the spot next to him on the huge bed, when he noticed you were not sure where to go.

You laid down next to him pulling the sheets over you and the tiredness overwhelmed you. Your eyes shut and you felt how he wrapped his hands around your waist pulling you closer.

The next morning you woke up and the bed was empty. You didn't take it badly, you thought that he had that he had to work early. A soft knock on your door made you sit up and yawn.

"Come in", you said stretching and spotted Ann in the doorway.

"Good morning", she said and entered the room pulling two suitcases behind her. 

"Hey", you said, a smile immediately appearing on your face, "what are you doing here?"

"You have a press conference today, remember?", she said putting all the stuff down.

"Oh, right. I'm getting married", you said and you both chuckled. You got up and she started doing your make up for today.

"And? How's it going?", she asked fixing your hair.

"I don't know.. He just keeps messing with my head", you admitted smiling softly.

"If I didn't know it better, which I do, I'd say you're in love with him", she said looking at you through the mirror.

You laughed and rolled your eyes meanwhile your heart leaped. What you didn't notice was that Yoongi was standing in the doorway watching you with a smile on his face.

"Are you almost done?", he asked startling you both. He walked in and grabbed his suit jacket from the back of the chair you were sitting on.

"Almost", Ann mumbled with a bobby pin between her lips. Half an hour later you were holding Yoongi's hand ready to walk into a room filled with reporters who all were hungry for the next headline.

"Don't be nervous", he said softly and placed a swift kiss on your forehead, "no one and nothing will hurt you."