Chapter One - "Moving Out"

Owned Body & Soul - Chapter One 

"Moving Out"

I packed my boxes from my old room, and my parents took them to the car. I looked around, my room was nearly empty. All that was left was my desk, bed, and night stand. I walked to my night stand and there lay a photo of my parents and I, when I was younger. I smiled at it, and took the picture out of the frame and put the picture in my wallet. I grabbed my purse and walked down the stairs. I stood in the living room and took a deep breath in. I walked to the door, took one last look, and walked out. 

"We are going to miss you so much, sweetie." My mother cried, wrapping me in a tight hug. I hugged her back, because I knew I wasn't going to be seeing her for awhile. 

"My babygirl is leaving for Harvard!" My dad cried as well, "Take care of yourself, Lisa." He said, wrapping his arms around both my mom and I. Wiggling out of their grasp, we exchanged our good-byes and I got into my car, and drove off. A twelve hour drive was going to be long, but I wasn't going to do it by myself. My best friend Jacob was coming along, because he also got accepted. When I pulled into the driveway, he came out the house yelling.

"Mom Lisa's here! I'm leaving!" He yelled, carrying a ton of boxes in his hand. I helped him put the boxes in the car, when his mother came out. 

"Oh Lisa, I'm so proud of you and Jacob!" She said, hugging me and kissing me on the cheek.

"I made you some cookies for the drive." She smiled, handing them to me. 

"I know chocolate chip are your favorite" She laughed, hugging me again.

"Any cookie is my favorite." I laughed. Jacob hugged his mother, and kissed her cheek.

"Bye mama, I'll call you when we get there." He smiled. We both got into the car, and off we went. 

Harvard, here we come. 

---------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hello my lovelies! Thank you so much for reading! I will continue to upload as long as you continue to vote, and comment. If you comment I will dedicate my further chapters to those of you who comment! I know this was a quick chapter but there will be longer ones to come, this chapter was just to give you a taste of the story, and the characters. I PROMISE THEY WILL BE LONGER IN THE FUTURE. :)

Thank you so much! 

~Madison~