Chapter Two - "First Day"

When Jacob and I arrived at Harvard, it was like a city; busy and loud. The parking lot was a beehive, and we just got here and we were already lost. Luckily, Jacob rolled down the window and asked a nice girl for help. Finally, we were pointed in the right direction and arrived at our dorm room. I was small, it was painted light blue, and it only had two beds and two crappy night stands. When Jacob and I walked in, we looked around, then looked at each other, and we both knew, this would definitely be a DIY project. So we got to work. I sanded down the night stand to get rid of all the scratches on it, and then took a bottle of white spray paint and spray painted both of them. Jacob made our beds, and unpacked all of our clothing and put them in the closet. We both added some laps, and then Christmas lights around our beds, to make it a little more festive. 

"I think that's enough for today. Let's get some food, and then go to bed, we don't want to look like zombies for our first day tomorrow." Jacob said.

"You're paying." I smiled innocently at him, and giggled. He smacked my arm. I gasped playfully.

"Domestic abuse!" I laughed.

"Lisa, don't joke about that kind of thing." Jacob snarled at me. I looked at him funny, but didn't say anything, knowing it was a sensitive subject.

"Sorry." I mumbled as we walked down the the Chinese food place.  When we walked in, we were greeted with the amazing smell of food, nice chandeliers, and lots of smiling faces. We walked up to the counter, and when I started to order, someone cut in front of me. 

"Hey!" I shouted, annoyed. "You cut in front of me."

"Yeah, yeah, save it you li-" He turned around and saw me, and he immediately stopped talking.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." 

"Lisa." I said, crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at him.

"Lisa." He repeated. "I didn't mean to. I wasn't paying attention. Here, let me pay for y-" 

"I'm here with a friend." I said, pointing my thumb over my shoulder at Jacob, saving us a table.

I saw the man's eyes darken, and his fists clenched at his sides. I took a step backwards, then turned on my heal and practically ran out of the restaurant. Jacob soon followed, and caught my arm just before I started to cross the road. 

"What the hell was that, Lisa?" He asked me, concern filled his voice. "Do I need to get my baseball bat?" He asked, searching my face.

"No," I answered, "Some guy was creeping me out." I stated truthfully. Jacob nodded his head in understanding.

"Wait here, I'll go get the food. If the guy comes out, you come in and get me, okay?" he asked. I nodded, and sat on the curb of the street. This is going to be.... interesting.

--------------------------------------------------

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. I hit my alarm clock, and threw it at the wall. It's my first day. I threw my covers off and got out of bed, walked to the bathroom, and took a shower. When I got out, I went to wake Jacob only to notice that he was gone. I started to get dress when the door flew open, and in walked Jacob, with two plates. One had waffles, and one had french toast. He knows me so well. After we ate, I grabbed my bag, and went to my first class. Calculus. The rest of the day went by without a fluke. Tenth period came, and as soon as I walked in, I was greeted by a familiar face. The guy from the Chinese restaurant. He smirked at me; he knew exactly who I was. I smiled at him politely, and found a seat in the back of the class. 

"Psst! Psst! Hey!" Someone whispered. I turned to see a very good looking guy sitting to my left, smiling at me. He had blonde hair, with blue eyes, and pearly white teeth. 

"I'm Matt."

"Lisa."

"Are you new here?"

"Yes, are you?"

"No, I've been here for awhile. I could tell you were new, it doesn't look like you have a lot of friends. But I could be you're friend if you like, you seem like a really nice girl." He smiled at me.

"Well thank you. You seem nice as well." I smiled at him.

"Okay class, lets begin!" The devil spoke.

"Talk to me after class." Matt said, turning to look at the teacher.

"I'm professor Williams. I'll be your new literary teacher. I expect the most from you, so I will push you until you break. I am very strict. Do not disobey me, or you will be sorry." Blah, blah, blah. 

"Lisa, are you listening? Lisa? Lisa!" Professor Williams was mad. All of the class was snickering, looking at me like I had three heads. 

"Sorry, but your lecture on literature is very boring." I replied sassing him.

"Do you know what else is more boring? Staying after class! Class dismissed! But not you, Lisa." He smirked, escorting the students out of the classroom, and shutting the door behind them.

"You disobeyed."

-------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Sorry, I know this chapter was a filler, but the next chapter will be better. Make sure to to vote and comment if you want me to keep updating! Thank you so much for all of your time! The next chapter will be better I promise. 

Thank you all so much! 

~Madison~