The Talk

Being with Arin Zoro knows it's a lot to raise a child. How energetic they are, how needy they are, but they do make you forget things easily. That he understood.

"I know you told me to wait, you want to focus on Arnin and Lili right now but I don't know if I can wait. This whole thing that happened between you and Tim, I don't want that to happen again and I don't know if I can be patient anymore. I waited to tell you for months. I wanted to tell you the day me and Luane came over but you had other things to do, like take care of Krasimira and pick up Arin and Lili. I didn't know how much of your life I could miss in three months. I guess I thought you would have moved on from me, but you did." Zoro could hear the sadness in his tone. He really thought about this.

Sanji couldn't handle the silence.

"You know that I also told you I don't know how I feel about you. It's been a long time since I confessed. I've gotten over it... you." Zoro saw the way Sanji's shoulders fell. He felt bad but he feels what he feels and there's nothing he could do about it. It is what it is. 

Sanji took a chance and looked up at Zoro. His eyes seemed brighter than the last time he saw him. He also didn't have as many bruises on his face. He did look sad, the chef knew he felt bad for this but he couldn't fault Zoro. He took too long. "I'm sorry, um... for how I acted at the reunion. I was just nervous being around and if Luane was with you then I would have to be too, I just didn't know how to act." Zoro blinked a couple times. He had forgotten about that.

"It's ok, I just thought you were being homophobic or something." Zoro shrugs his shoulders. Sanji jumps up.

"That's not it I-"

"I know, you just said so." Zoro says chuckling at Sanji behavior. The chef couldn't help but blush. He's making a fool of himself in front of his crush. Sanji sits back down. "When are you leaving?"

"You don't want me around?" Sanji frowns as he looks at Zoro, blush still on his face. Zoro rolls his eyes.

"I'm sure Luane misses you."

"Oh, I'll leave soon then. I came here only to tell you. Nami said I should."

"Nami usually knows what's best." Zoro nods.

"How do you know?" Sanji narrows his eye.

"I use to get her and Robins advice about you."

"You three would talk about me?"

"Yeah." Zoro smiled at Sanji bewildered face.

They continue to talk about small things. Even while breakfast from the hospital was dropped of for both of them to eat. They ate and talked. The whole time Sanji couldn't believe it took so long to figure out he like the man. Why didn't he think about it sooner? Zoro is great. He'd made jokes and they'd both laugh. They have the same sense of humor, they seem to like the same movies, although Sanji likes to watch romance sometimes and Zoro like old samurai films. But other than that they both enjoy watching action and adventure, they are both ok with horror and they both don't like Twilight for different reasons. Zoro didn't like how the vampires were all prissy or the design for the werewolves and Sanji didn't like how the vampire treated the main lead.

Sadly, Sanji couldn't stay, as much as he would love too. He left to get Luane and bring her back home after a whole week. When he left Zoro was taken to get some more test done on him.

When he reached Nami's place, it was almost lunch time. He knocks on the door and sees Nami all in casual clothes. He gives her smile but she just wide eyes shouts, "Sanji!! Are you ok?!" She pulls him in and sits him down on the couch. Luane sees him and runs out the room as shocked as Nami is. Luane shows up again with a box of tissues. He looks surprised before he feels it, he's crying, tears ran down his face as he took some tissues. 

"What happened?" Luane says. Her eyes widen and with horror she asks, "did Roro die?" She look like she's about to cry. Sanji shakes his head and laughs a little. He pats her head.

"No, he woke up last night. They're still doing some test on him but..." he looks away with a sad expression.

"Didn't go well?" Nami asks.

"He rejected me." Sanji falls on a pillow and starts to cry, his hurt feeling catching up on him.

"What did he say exactly?" Nami asks, Luane stood next to him and gave him pats on his back and head.

After letting out a few sobs he turned his head from the pillow to Nami who cringes at the snot and tears staining her decorative pillow. "He said he was over me." He sits up on the couch, grabbing more tissues to clean his face.

"Well it's been six years. Unlike you, he got his feelings out to move on." She says grabbing the pillow and putting it to wash.

"What do I do now?" The blonde man deflates on the couch. He got comfortable.

"Why not make him fall in love with you again, maybe Roro forgot why he loves you." Luane says as she climbed onto the couch next to her deflated uncle.

"That's an idea!" Nami shouts from somewhere in her apartment. She comes out of the hallway and sits on the chair across from his seat on the couch. "Luane has a good idea but the question is are you going to give up because Zoro got over you?"

"I don't want to." Sanji sits up.

"Then try to win him back. Like Luane said he forgot he loves you. Make him remember." Nami says. Sanji nods, yeah, that's what he'll do. He doesn't want to give up.

"Okay, I'll try." Sanji says with a smile.

"Good. Now let's eat so you can leave and take a shower." Nami says holding her nose close. Sanji freezes and tries to sniff himself.

"You smell dad." Luane smiles and chuckles as she follows Nami into the kitchen.

"Sorry, it's been a week." Sanji follows them into the kitchen to eat some lunch.