Courage On The Other Side

The weekend was full of just them being home. They were together again so they spent it in each others company, well Zoro and Lili did. Arin spent his days playing games while Zoro sat and watched. Playing with him a little before letting Arin play by himself to take care of Lili.

He did stop Arin and took him and Lili out for a walk. Get some exercise and some fresh air.

Then came Monday. A school day. Zoro woke Arin up with some breakfast before going and getting ready while he got Lili ready too. Set up her baby bag for the day care. After making sure he didn't leave anything that should be off on, they left in the car.

Arin got confused. This wasn't his school. It was a different school. He knew Zoro wasn't the best with directions, he expected to be late but he didn't think Zoro would get the wrong school.

"Come on." Zoro says unbuckling himself. He gets out and picks Lili up, carrying her in his arms while waiting for Arin to get out. He did it slowly, still not sure what is going on and if he should be doing this. Maybe Zoro was confused. 

Zoro closed the door and locked the car. Arin takes his hand as Zoro leads them to the front office.

"Where are we going?" Arin asks, holding onto his backpack straps. "This isn't my school." He point out. Zoro gives him a smile.

"No this is your new school. It's closer to home and the daycare Lili will be going to is close too." Zoro says.

"I'm going to a new school!" Arin asks.  

"Yes." Zoro asks. "Now let's go. We have to says hello to your new teachers and the headmaster." Arin nods and they continue to walk to the office. When there Zoro talks to the man at the front desk. Arin stands there waiting patiently. Zoro talks for a while, Arin has no idea what they were talking about.

He couldn't believe that he's in a new school. The old school he went to was the same he was in before but now he's in a different school. It was exciting. Maybe he'll make new friends? Better friends than the last ones he had. They stopped talking to him after what happened with his parents. The teachers also stopped pitying him and became distant too. It wasn't the best. He wished he could get out of there, go somewhere else, start over and now he does have that opportunity.

He sees Zoro signs some papers with one hand while the other hold onto Lili. She was very quiet, she always is with Zoro. When that's done the teacher sets down some books for Arin. 

When Zoro finishes signing what he needs too he bends down on one knee in front of Arin and smiles at him. "Be good okay? I'll pick you up after school." Zoro says with a bright smile. Arin knew he could trust Zoro so he gave a bright smile in return. He couldn't wait but he wanted to see how his first day at a new school goes. Zoro watches as the teacher leads Arin, who carry his new school book, to his class. He knew his old school wasn't the best, especially when he went to get the transfer papers. 

They were a little rude and too happy to see a student be gone. But he'll protect Arin and Lili. He always protect those he loves. He sets Lili back in her car seat, then closes the door. "Marimo?" Zoro turns to see Sanji standing there.

"Hey cook." Zoro waves as he goes back to the side walk. Didn't want to talk to him from the other side of the road. 

"What are you doing here?" Sanji asks. Zoro looks at him like he's crazy.

"I live near here so Arin is going to school here. Why?" Zoro says.

"No it's just, Luane goes to school here too. Are you dropping Lili off at daycare?"

"Yeah, it's up the street."

"Then off to work?"

"Yup. I have paperwork to do." Zoro explains. They stand in silence. "Well see you around." Zoro says going back to the driver's seat.

Sanji stood there for a moment, Arin goes to the same school as Luane. That means, if he times it well they would be getting there at the same time, which means he'll be able to see Zoro more often. 

And he did. He saw Zoro dropping off Arin everyday the entire week. He would see Luane walking up to them with a smile. It would seem they are in the same class too.

During the week after getting the call he's been with Zoro, helping him with anything he might need. He's glad that Zoro let him help, after the confession on his part he didn't think Zoro would be ok with him being around. He thought the mosshead would push him away. That doesn't seem to be the case at all, he's seems like his usual self, well not usual self but he seems fine. 

Sanji found it amazing on how there was so much he didn't know about Zoro. He knew from seeing him with Arin and LIli, Luane included, that he's actually very kind but he felt like he should have known that before. He's seen Zoro be kind to Chopper and Usopp, even Luffy before they became brothers it just never really hit. That's where they were similar, Luffy and Zoro, they are kind to everyone unless you give them a reason to not be.

Sanji felt hurt. He'd asked Ace, Sabo, Luffy a little, about Jamie. He knew he shouldn't compare himself to him but he was curious on the person Zoro fell in love with and almost got married to. He even asked Tashigi for her thoughts, since she was closer than the others were. From what he was told Jamie didn't have a single bad bone in his body. He was kind to everyone, never lost his temper and was honest to a fault. He was easy to believe others and never gave them an ounce of doubt but when you broke that trust you couldn't get it back. Because of that he was really strong.

From the story Tashigi told him because people had used Jamie's trust he became someone nice but not easily trusting in others. That changed when he meant Zoro, a man honest to a fault too. They became great friends and Jamie fell in love with Zoro first. They took it slow, at their own pace and it worked. They were inseparable until they were.

Hearing that Sanji felt crushed. When he went through his memories he was a horrible person. He was never nice to Zoro or the other guys. He was only ever nice to the woman. He was never mean to them on purpose but he never did anything because he wanted to like he would with woman. 

How could someone like Zoro love him? He did nothing to deserve it.