Petir

The whole morning was... a blur. Petir arrived at the classroom, somber and irritated no thanks to the girls that would gawk and squeal at him. He immediately saw his friends gathered around Angin and Tanah, and he thought they would give him the cold shoulder but was surprised when they greeted him like nothing happened.

He soon realized that the two didn't tell them anything... not wanting to ruin the day or probably the surprise they were obviously hiding in the lockers at the back of the classroom.

Or they were probably trying to protect him from looking like a bad guy on their birthday.

That thought ticked him off and he brushed past them with an annoyed scowl before settling in his own seat. He stubbornly looked out of the window, wanting them to get the message that he didn't want to talk to anybody at that moment.

"Someone woke up at the wrong side of the bed." Fang had muttered, though they fortunately haven't bothered him since then.

He couldn't focus on the lessons as the morning finally started. His thoughts were scrambled as he kept going back to those moments he had pushed Tanah and hit Angin.

He didn't understand why he had done those things. He could never lay a finger on them no matter how angry he got. He was their brothers, he can never hurt them!

He remembered how his dad had told him to watch over his siblings, just when they were about to board their train and leave their home town. He remembered those eyes filled with so much expectation and confidence for him that he couldn't help but feel proud that his father would entrust him such trust.

But now...

"G-get him off me!"

"WAAHH! You're a monster!"

"PETIR! STOP! YOU'RE HURTING HIM!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~!" He gasped and almost fell out of his chair when he heard the pop of the party poppers, he turned to see his friends enter the classroom (how did he not notice that morning classes had ended?!), Gopal holding a cake while Fang trailed behind him holding some balloons. He would have found it funny with the way the spiky-haired child looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there, but he finds himself being dragged by Ying to stand next to Angin and Tanah who were busy laughing at them.

It must've been a comical sight, with him being stiff as a board while his brothers beside him looked like they were having the time of their lives.

After they sang the whole song, Gopal practically shoved the cake in front of them, "Now blow and make a wish!"

He obviously just wanted to eat the cake as soon as possible.

"Wait! Wait! Let's take a picture of them blowing it while holding the balloons!" Yaya then suggested as she took the balloons Fang held and offered it to Petir who froze up.

Angin stiffened while Tanah immediately hesitated, eyes darting between Petir and the balloon with worry, "Wait, Yaya—that's not really necessary."

"Hm? Why not?"

A snicker from their classmates who were watching, made them turn to see Adudu looking thoroughly amused, "Yeah! Why not, Tanah?" His eyes landed on Petir, "Afraid that it might pop?"

Petir growled and gave the scariest glare he could muster, which successfully got the bully to back down with a terrified squeak.

Before anyone else could comment, Petir grabbed the string harshly, trying not to show his hands that were shaking as his eye twitched when he felt the ache in his head grow, "Let's just get this over with."