😊 S M I L E 😊

"Let me be your mirror, help you see a little bit clearer"

Wahai abangku...
Si pendekar kilat,
Si penyendiri yang mulutnya berat,
Adakah dikau sakit yang teramat?

I keep repeating these same old words over and over and over and over. They're stuck inside my head, and I just can't seem to think enough of my dear brother's glum.

Halilintar is never the type to smile. Although he does it only because of certain reasons---particularly a battle he would engage in, or because Solar keeps failing with his experiments or tripping over and falling down the stairs.

He scowls a lot. The kind of scowl that intimidates his enemies to the point of them knowing that they're gonna have a bad time. Even Tok Aba and our friends are scared to look into his face, without even seeing the frown and angered eyes glaring back at them.

He's not always angry either, he's just not the kind to smile out of random after all.

And he ain't even serious and strict at all times, nor having a bad mood or his 'men period' (if that ever exists, I'm gonna scream out of terror).

There's something about him that makes me wonder a lot. My brothers don't really mind about his scowl, although Blaze may need to stay put and stop messing around with his elder sibling by pranking him with a bunch of water balloons being thrown towards the guy.

Despite that, I miss it.

I miss the smile.

His smile.

If he ever does it again---like a pure, genuine, sincere-kinda smile---I would be bawling my eyes out. Gempa and I had witnessed it a few times when we were younger, but something may have happened to him to the point of scowling and him, hating his very own smile.

Yes, 'hate'. I know, it's a strong word, but he extremely despises to see himself putting on the brightest smile on his face. He loathes it, he would occasionally say that he rather throws it onto Solar's face---since, he is like the sun itself. But I'm pretty sure even the sun would be ashamed to spot Solar's happy state, and cowers itself upon seeing such beauty.

But the remaining quadrio question a lot about their second eldest sibling's long-gone smile. Thorn even makes an assumption that he may have witnessed a cat ran over a car, which scarred him for life (pretty dark for a kid who's innocent and child-like to think such an idea).

Ice thinks Halilintar is traumatized from one of their missions---either a solo one or by group. But to think about it, the lightning boy likes a good fight; he is most preferably to be the first one to arrive and the last one to leave the battle. He has a heart of a warrior anyways; couldn't care less about the bruises, cuts, and injuries along the process.

"What's in your mind, Upan?" Gempa's voice snaps me back to reality. "And what on Earth are you doing? You're supposed to finish sweeping the dried leaves two hours ago."