Memories

It's been a couple day's, and I've met Yang and Ruby. Qrow had taken some blood stating that he was going to check a database. I didn't question it. Ruby's still just a toddler and Yang's my age.... well physically anyway. I've been helping around the house whether it's helping Summer with Ruby and Yang, or helping Tai in the garden. He was surprised and would always say that I have a green thumb. I could tell that they both wanted to know more about me but they wouldn't pry, which I'm thankful for. Eventually the sun set again and I went to sleep.

Chara woke up in a familiar place... standing in front of Sans in Judgment Hall. "Heya... you've been busy huh..." Sans starts.

Chara looks at him in confusion. "Sans?"

"So tell me..." Sans starts. "do you think that even the worst person can change? That anyone can be a good person if they just try?"

Realization hits Chara like a truck. "No..." She pleads. "Sans, please it's not us! Run!"

"Heh... well here's a better question." Sans states as his eye sockets become dark and empty. "Do you wanna have a bad time? Because if you take another step forward your really not gonna like what happens next." And without hesitation Chara's body moves forward on its own. "Welp, sorry old lady. This is why I never make promises." Sans sighs. "Ya know, it's a beautiful day outside. birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On days like this... kids like you... SHOULD BE BURNING IN HELL!"

Summer had just finished cleaning her weapon, and was heading upstairs to bed. When she got up the stairs she could hear crying. She walks over to the source only to find Chara talking in her sleep while crying.

"Sans... it isn't me. Run." Was what she was able to make out. Obviously a nightmare, but of what? She was tossing and turning. She continued mumbling and Summer got closer. I think I should wake her up. As if on cue with her thoughts Chara shot up from her bed screaming as if she was in pain. Summer rushes over to Chara and pulls her into a hug. Chara held onto Summer tight as if she moved Summer would disappear. She was in tears, shaking like a leaf, and repeating the same phrase in rapid succession "I'm sorry".

The door bursts open and Summer can see Tai with a worried expression. He hurry's to his wife's side and try our best to comfort them. Both of them figured that it would be best to save the questions for morning. Right then Summer had an idea. She gestured Tai to the music box, and he catches on quickly winding it up.

When the tune played it seemed to relax Chara and she broke from the hug looking at them with a surprised look on her face, but they could also see that she looked to be in pain. Her crimson red eye filled with tears, and her shoulder length hair a mess. She gave a sigh and wiped her tears away.

"Was I talking in my sleep?" She asked. Summer gave a simple nod in response. "I guess I should give an explanation." Chara says with a forced smile.

"You don't have to say anything tonight." Tai smiles softly. "How about we talk about it in the morning. Sound good?"

She gives a small smile and nods. "Thank you." She says in a pained voice. Tai leaves with a nod,and Summer gets up to do the same, but... "Mrs. Summer... could you stay... till I fall asleep?"

"Of course."

The next morning Summer was going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast when she heard singing