𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨

Kim Jisung drummed his fingers against the table, listening to the rest of the lawyers drone on about an 'unforgettable' case where the divorcee was claiming half of the inheritance from her deceased husband. He scoffed.

"It wasn't unforgettable. It was a sad attempt at getting money that didn't belong to her,"

"She was dirt poor. Of course, she'd want the money,"

"She was richer than her husband. You all went to visit her and sympathized, but the reality is that she was well dressed even in her 'shabby' attire, and didn't have the dulled down appearance that you usually associate with the poor. She made a fool of you. If I hadn't brought up those pictures of her at her mansion, you would've let her get away," he stood up, walking away, ignoring the glares aimed at his back.

"Confident little shit. Just because he went to a fancy university makes him think he's better than us,"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Na Jaerin glanced out at the studying room, smiling when she saw some students yawn as they bent over their books.

"Hey kids, do you want me to get you a little something to eat?"

"Yes please!" came the excited response, and she laughed, picking up her purse and walking swiftly to the nearest convenience store.

"Here to spoil your students again?" the store owner asked, looking amused. She stuck her tongue out as she pulled out the money needed to pay for the energy drinks she got for her kids. "I've heard most of the students at Chunmyong are brats. I guess your class must be different,"

"I like to believe that every kid has something inside them that makes them behave the way they do. They're just misguided," he shook his head.

"You're too kind Jaerin-ssi . Take care when you go back," she nodded, shooting him a smile as she walked outside. A breeze brushed back her hair, and she shivered, hurrying back. She had a bad feeling about tonight.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Hwang Yuli walked around the broadcasting station, humming under her breath as she wiped a table. The school was empty, only a few students remaining to study at the library or, like them, clean up their club rooms. Everything seemed to be in place but something felt off.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Lee Keni smiled, tilting her head as she stared into the camera. Large lights surrounded her, and her elaborate dress was made out of silk that fell across her body in smooth sheets, sparkling as it caught the flashes of the camera.

"Gorgeous. I've heard about you being pretty Keni, but all the photos really don't do you justice," the photographer gushed, and she giggled, cheeks tinting pink.