2

"The desert I was once afraid of became that sea by our blood, sweat and tears.

But what are these fears among all the happiness,"

- 'Sea' (BTS)

The group of students stepped forward one by one to pay their respects, head bowed down low. 

"What happened Miss Jaerin?" Song Luna asked, eyes wide as she clasped the woman's hands. She looks grief-stricken. "I thought Sujin was getting better?"

"She was recovering but," the woman hesitated, exchanging glances with the lady behind her, Miss Han staring forward blankly. "She apparently got worse all of the sudden," sobs fall past Luna's lips, and she fell into Jaerin's arms, crying loudly.

"Poor thing, how could this happen to her?" she wails dramatically. Seo Eunwoo didn't know whether to look impressed or disgusted and settled for a mixture of both while Choi Yoonmi pretends to wipe away a tear. Jisung watched them from the door, eyes narrowed in suspicion. He followed them discreetly as they sat down at a table.

Yoonmi snapped a few photos of the food while Choi Chanhyuk scowled down at it.

"Ugh, this soup is disgusting. Do they expect us to eat it?"

"Why'd you ask for it if you weren't going to eat it?" Lee Keni wrinkled her nose, spreading a napkin over her lap.

"All of you, stop being so rowdy," Hwang Chaewon said. "This is a funeral home. Have some respect," they're a good looking bunch, Jisung noticed, all of them equally handsome and pretty, dressed in their uniforms and having their name tags pinned to their shirts. They looked like diligent students if you saw them from afar, but after what he just heard, he can't look at them in any other way than assuming them as possible suspects. Chanhyuk looked up to find Yoonmi tapping at her phone.

"If you post that, they'll terminate your contract,"

"Why? I'm just communicating with my fans,"

"Yoonmi-ah," Hwang Jinho said. "You'll get a ton of backlash so just leave it," she pouted, but deleted the photo, looking at her reflection in a handheld mirror instead. Eunwoo turned to face Luna.

"You must be really happy that she died though," she stiffened.

"Why do you keep on saying that? Hey, are you trying to provoke me?"

"Don't act so innocent. You and your entourage bullied her, and you two didn't say anything," he nodded towards Yoonmi and Keni, the latter looking uncomfortable.

"That stupid bitch tried to join our club, and then stabbed us in the back. How dare she? Just because Butler Lee supported her, she went all high and mighty. Besides," she leaned in close. "Didn't you end up getting the larger stick? Since Lee Han Soo ended up being framed," Eunwoo scoffed.

"I didn't give two shits about him even though he thought I was flirting with his stupid girlfriend. It's him there who hated him," he pointed at Chanhyuk.

"Yes, I'm happy. Since we're talking about it, why don't we make a bet hmm? About whether he wakes up or not from his coma?"

"Are you a psychopath?" Keni looked scandalised. "How could you bet on something like that?"

"Why? It's just for fun, isn't it?"

"By the way," all eyes turned to Yoonmi as she fiddled with her napkin. "He couldn't have said anything stupid, would've he?"