never imagined.

(GEORGE FLOYD'S POV)-

After all I had been through to get where I was. I never imagined that this would be the way it would all end.

They say when you are about to die, your whole life replays before your eyes. The moments I had with my family, friends, fiancé and mother replayed. I knew I was about to go.

I slowly lost air as the officer's knee applied pressure against my neck.

The screams of people telling the officer to stop slowly faded.

Everything was turning dark as my body went limp.

I called out for my dead mother on several occasions. I just wanted her to hold me at that moment. She was the only one that could make me feel safest in the darkest places.

Why did my skin color have to be the cause of my death?

I fought for equality. I fought for peace. No matter how many times I would see black people getting killed, I never once imagined I would be in that position.

What if I never went to the store? What if I just stayed home? I guess it wasn't really my fault but I couldn't help but still have those questions in my head.

I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe.

I can't breathe.

Seven minutes...
...