Chapter 2 - The Next Morning

He was woken up by the sound of birds the next morning, feeling content yet lost and empty. He rolled and stretched, his taut bronzed muscles flexing. He groaned, feeling uncomfortably sore in certain places. Where was he? His mind drew a blank. Sitting up, he looked around, taking in his unfamiliar surroundings. He must have been overly nostalgic when seeing his son go to Hogwarts and decided to seek refuge at the Leaky Caldron, the place that was his second home. Getting up and wearing his clothes (he usually slept in the nude), he sauntered out, throwing a bag of coins onto the table as payment and smiling slightly at the shopkeeper.

"Good day, lad. Not leaving with your lady friend?" The shopkeeper smiled, trying to make small conversation. 

"Lady friend?" He replied, confused.

"Yes, the one who refused to show me her face yesterday. She had brown hair. You two youngsters being all secretive aye?" The shopkeeper smirked.

He gave a half-hearted laugh, his mind racing. Who could it be? It couldn't be Astoria. She loved to show her face in public, unlike... He frowned, his mind blank. His brain desperately tried to complete the sentence but he just couldn't. It was frustrating. Bidding the shopkeeper goodbye, he made his way to back to his house. Maybe he would get some clues about this mysterious lady from Astoria.

Astoria. She was gorgeous but he didn't feel anything towards her. He loved her as a sister but not a wife. Maybe he was cursed never to find true love. After all, he did many things that were unforgivable, yet he was forgiven. Would God want to bless a cursed person such as he? 

HEY ALL,

This was supposed to be a one shot but I decided to make it into a short story after some o fyou guys asked! Enjoy! Remember to vote, comment and fan! <3