chapter sixteen

as six o'clock neared, hongjoong became very antsy. when he found out seonghwa was going to be watching him again, he felt his heart flutter the slightest bit. he still didn't know why he was so excited to see the boy, but he couldn't wait for him to show up.

"hyung, it's almost six. where is seonghwa?" hongjoong ran up to his brother, tugging on his arm a bit.

"joongie, like you said, it's almost six. i told him to be here at six. why are you so eager to see seonghwa today?" jongho asked and hongjoong shrugged his shoulders, "should i be offended you want to see him more than me right now?"

"no! that's not it!" hongjoong quickly defended himself and jongho laughed.

"don't worry, love. it was a joke." jongho messed up the younger's hair and hongjoong hit his hand away.

not even a minute later, the doorbell rang. hongjoong let out a high pitched squeal and ran towards the door to let seonghwa in.

"hey seonghwa!" the boy cheered and seonghwa gave him an emotionless look.

"hi hongjoong." he muttered as he walked in the door.

"ok, so i shouldn't be late. we have school tomorrow." jongho explained, "expect around nine thirty. i'll see you both later." jongho waved at his friend and brother as he shut the door behind him.

"hi hyung." hongjoong giggled as seonghwa sat in his usual spot.

"you already said hi to me." seonghwa retorted.

"i'm sorry..." hongjoong dragged out a bit, snuggling into his plush, deciding to keep his mouth shut to not anger the older any further.

as expected, hongjoong's silence didn't last long . after only about two minutes, hongjoong asked, "how was your day at school?"

seonghwa let out a big sigh, "shit, actually. failed my chemistry exam. i mean, it was expected. the topic was so difficult that i didn't even bother studying." he answered, shocking hongjoong. he's never given the younger such a detailed response, but he didn't want to question it.

"i'm sorry to hear that." hongjoong frowned and seonghwa shrugged his shoulders.

"it's not a big deal. mrs. shin always lets us do test corrections, that's why i didn't bother to study when i knew i was going to fail. anyway, i didn't fail too bad. it was only a sixty. with corrections i can get it up to around a seventy five, and that won't be too bad for my average."

seonghwa realized what he was doing and quickly regretted it, shaking his head and looking down at his phone. "i don't know why i just told you all of that, you annoy me. now don't bother me for the rest of the night, that was the limit of conversation i can hold with you at one time."

hongjoong crossed his arms, annoyed at the older. he wanted to continue talking to him so badly. hongjoong never had a real conversation with the boy, seonghwa typically only giving one word or dry replies. here, he was actually explaining how his day went, and hongjoong wanted more. he suddenly craved seonghwa's attention, wanting seonghwa's focus on him rather than his phone.

"but i want to talk to you, you're fun to talk to." hongjoong answered.

"i know, i'm irresistible." seonghwa shrugged his shoulders and hongjoong squealed and blushed, not knowing what to say.

seonghwa looked up after hearing the boy make such a loud pitched noise and saw the blush coating his cheeks. "see, my point stands. you're blushing."

"am not!" hongjoong tried to defend himself, but he knew he was lying.