𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧༄

Darkness

Darkness.
While usually, she found the loss of sight alarming Runa found herself calm. Sure her body slightly shook but that was only her muscles tense with stress. The adrenaline still plunging through her veins allowed her to feel slightly numb to the situation at hand.
She could tell she was in some sort of room as the fabric wrapped tightly around her eyes wouldn't have kept the light as minimal as it was. Not to mention the smell of the still air in wooden shack invaded her senses as soon as she was shoved into it.
She hadn't had time to properly cry, even with her tears threatening to spill she knew now was not the time. Instead, the fear that should have been there was a betrayal. She couldn't believe the man that she has gotten to know would pull such a stunt. In fact, if her fists weren't bound to the rope strangling her hands she would pounce him. Though it wouldn't be smart as she never was taught how to fight. After all her parents weren't taught either; her father only knew basic self-defense, not enough to teach her daughter or his wife anything useful.
She heard the footsteps draw close towards her. Was this it?
"I'm terribly sorry Runa," He spoke without a hint of remorse, "but a job is a job around here."
Runa didn't speak. She wasn't afraid but she could not fathom how weak she would sound if she did speak.
"Still not talking, hmm? Perhaps...." without a warning, he kicked her in the stomach sending her to groan in pain. the baby...
"You'll talk  now."
Still regaining her breath from the sudden impact she found her self getting up on her knees.
"I don't understand what I did." She said through her teeth.
There was no answer.
"What did my mother do? Knute? What did he do? He provides food for the town and you had to kill him? For what?" She stammered out getting angrier.
"Your mother was an order brought forth by Aslaug as she wanted nothing to do with your family. You should know what you did."
She felt her brows furrow harshly at his words even tho he couldn't see. Her mouth was slightly open in confusion.
"What did we ever do? Just like Knute- you and your father even- we provide food for the town what did we do?"
"You brought this on yourself."
And with that, she heard Arvid walking away.
"WHAT DID I DO!?" She cried, "what did I do?"

Blood. Lots and lots of blood.
The sound of metal clashing together. the cries of men and women as they were moving towards the afterlife.
Hvirserk was in his element.
War brought out a different side of the man. He didn't like to lose, he refused to. Something about the adrenaline pumping through his veins while being fighting to the death with an opponent made him feel a way that could only be described as glee. Although afterward, he would sometimes feel a wave of remorse, he would never show that though.
It felt good when he drove his sword into the side of a Christian soldier, watching the blood drain out from him, his eyes fading to black as he fell. If someone touched him, he would not hesitate to have their head. This first encounter with the Christian people was shorter than expected. The heathen army outnumbered them by the masses. A shrill easy victory.
Now the man was against a tree sharpening his sword as the men scurried around the new campsite. He felt a strain in his head as if something had happened. He shook his head to regain focus on his sword when it happened again this time even worse. It made him think back to when he realized his father was killed.
That's when he bolted up and went to find Ubbe. His eyes darted everywhere and there was no sign of his brother.
Where could he be?
He checked some smaller tents set up, nothing. He checked near the docks of where they had kept their ships, nothing.
He dragged his dirty hands through his now greasy brown hair in an attempt to calm himself down from his anxious mind. Sitting down once again on a rock, It seemed to be working until he nearly jumped out of his skin when someone placed a hand on his shoulder so roughly.
Ivar
"What is the matter, brother?" He asked with a slight smirk forming on his face. "Hmm?"
Hvitserk avoided just conniving brother's eyes and stared out into the pitch-black ahead of him.
"Worried about something?" He asked again, Hvitserk had no choice in losing all Color in his face. Ivar circled around the man's body leaning against his makeshift crutches in order to read his face.
"No." Hvitserk shook his head, his eyes involuntarily avoided the younger Ragnarsson. One wrong glance and he is a dead man if he wasn't already.
"Then why are you looking anywhere but here?" He gestured two of his fingers to his eyes. Hvitserk's breath hitched in his throat as he tried to think of something quickly. He knew he took too long when his brother now wore a smug smirk and let out an amused chuckle.
"You see Hvitserk, you have always been a terrible liar."

She sat still. Painfully still. So still that if someone would charge at her, they would have the same impact as ramming into a wall headfirst.
The screaming had stopped awhile ago. It was enough for her to notice that the crickets were out signaling that the sun was down. The silence was too much for her exhausted mind. Dark thoughts roamed through her brain as images flooded soon after. Images of detached limbs and organs. It left a bitter taste in her mouth that the man who did such a conniving act was someone she truly trusted. The things she would do to him if she was free made her lips curl into a smile.
Runa was never a revengeful Person. She only hoped that everyone was good. Now she thought of herself as a fool. She had been played by that man all too easily.
Looking back she realized he was always lurking somewhere near her. She never thought of it then because Arvid was supposedly a farmer like she was, and was trying to sell his goods like she was. Oh, what a fool did she think she was. This only added to the newly bloodthirsty persona that was currently corrupting her brain. A single tear ran down her agitated skin as she smiled at the last thought of her mother.
"He will pay, mother." she moved her tied hands to her face and wiped the tear. "He'll pay for he has done to you."
She let out a strangled laugh as slaty tears poured down her face.