Page 5

"I won't let Iruka turn out like Obito and Rin."

I'm going to make sure he doesn't die before I do... I'm not losing him too. Why am I prioritizing him over everyone else? I need them too! 

He stared at the young man in the mirror. Obito...

'end of flashback'

Kakashi sat in his math class, bored and tired, already knowing what was being taught. He couldn't sleep last night, like most nights, in fear of the same memory repeating itself. Either way he's going to be stuck with that memory his entire life.

 "Kakashi!!! I got an A on the test from last week! Today is the day I finally beat you!!!"

 " Gai... " he started. He decided to let him wait a couple seconds before telling him the grade he got. "Here. I got an A+." He handed Gai the graded paper.

 " Damn it! " he yelled as he looked at the paper. "Well, I'll do as I said I will! He dropped the paper and got on the ground and started to do pushups. "Gai. Not here. Class is almost over."

1:14 P.M.

 " No! I'll finish the 200 pushups before class ends! 45... 46... 47... "

Oh goodness...

1:20 P.M.

The bell rang and Gai was at 189 by now. Kakashi shrugged and got up. Gai dropped to the floor and cried. "Gai, you can continue later. Get up and let's head to our last class." Ebisu said. "Besides, a gentleman wouldn't be doing that in the middle of class." He pushed up his glasses.

" Shut it, Ebisu. You're no gentleman. "

 "Genma! You shut it!"

 They were the only ones left in the classroom, and now had four minutes to get to the next class. The teacher ignored them and started to read. Whether or not they got to class on time wasn't his problem.

The bell rang again and the next class started walking in. Genma and Gai were late, and Ebisu was running to his next class.

{Magical time skip to the end of the school day}

Iruka walked into detention, and sighed.

 "No sleeping, no electronic devices, and did everyone bring something to work on? "

Iruka sighed and raised his hand. "Well, Iruka-san, it looks like you'll be sitting here for an hour doing nothing. Anyone else?"

 Gai, Ebisu and Genma were there too. Iruka didn't recognize anyone else.

"Why cover your face when you answer the door but take it off so easily when you drink your tea?" Iruka asked, teasing him. " It's because I think I can trust you... " Kakashi said. He took another sip of tea. Iruka didn't know what to say. He didn't expect an actual answer, and was caught off guard.

 "You seem like you didn't expect an answer."

 " I really didn't... "

 "Fair enough." He took another sip of his tea, and looked at Iruka. " You really are an idiot. " So sudden! Who the  hell says that out of the blue!?  "Tch. You're one to talk"

 "I don't ask questions without expecting an answer."

 "I asked that to make fun of you because you're always making fun of me!"

Kakashi seemed to enjoy these small arguments. "I know. More evidence backing up the fact that you're an idiot. Anyone smart would have known ." He stuck his tongue out at Iruka. "You're making no sense, Kakashi-San."  Iruka stuck out his tongue back at him.

"To anyone smart I'd make sense. "" Kakashi you don't make sense to anyone. "

"Look who's talking."

He laughed and Iruka finally noticed that Kakashi wasn't  serious about what he said. They both laughed for quite awhile, anyone  watching them would think that they're on so sort of crack.

'end of flashback'

I'm always having these flashbacks, I must be on some sort of man period. Kakashi... The timer Hiruzen Sensei, the principal of the school, set finally went off.

 "Ok. You're all free to go."

 Genma sighed and left. Gai ran up to Iruka. "The amout of stamina you have is inhumane, Gai-San."

" Can't agree more, Iruka! Let's go over to Kakashi's and pay a visit! "

"Did you ask, Gai-san?" 

"Yeah, I did. The last time I was there, he said he didn't mind if I came over anytime!"

He doesn't mind anymore?

They walked out of the dull room and into the long hallway. To Iruka's surprise, Gai didn't run. Maybe he had a limit too.

They walked out of the school, and saw Kakashi waiting near the door, reading Make Out Paradise again.

Oh kami, why? Kakashi's gonna lecture us...

"I knew you two would be here. Are you coming, Iruka?"

" Um, yeah! "

They walked out of the school, down the two blocks and Kakashi opened the door. He noticed that he left the window open, and his apartment, conveniently on the first floor, was  being attacked by a group of raccoons.

"Why?" Kakashi dropped to the ground. Iruka patted him on the back, not knowing what to do or say. Gai managed to chase them out after a.good ten minutes, but that didn't change the fact that his apartment was a mess.

Looks like I have to help clean up...

"I sorted all the books... Now they're off the shelves. Well, it can't be helped. " Iruka heard Kakashi mumble.

"How were they sorted?"

"Genre and Subject "

 "Ok, I'll help put em back up."

And Iruka did that, leaving everything else to Gai for the time being.

(A/N) YAY!!! Finally done! Maanaged to get 904 words too!