Chapter four

Jiaqi's POV

I've been spending so much time with Xueer lately, whether it be eating lunch together after school to discuss our plan or studying together, which usually ends up with me tutoring her most of the time (Xueer really can't do maths).

I began to find out new things about the girl. Like how Xueer hates eating her vegetables so I have to help eat them for her so they don't go to waste, or how Xueer slightly scrunches her nose whenever she is stuck on a math problem. I always enjoy spending time with her and we are growing closer and closer as each day passes.

I was rearranging my books in my locker when a figure slowly approached me.

I felt someone tapped my right shoulder and I turned my head to see Xueer standing next to me.

"Hi Jiaqi" Xueer said, smiling widely at me.

"Hey" I replied, returning a smile.

"Could you help me with the dance part during the second chorus of our dance performance? I can't seem to get the step right" Xueer asked kindly.

"Sure, I'll meet you at the practice room after school, I got the keys" I happily obliged, waving the keys in front of Xueer.

"Thank you!" Xueer said excitedly before walking back to Yuxin's side, continuing to head back into their class.

Something I did not realize was that, for the first time in years, I wasn't staring at Yuxin walking into class. Instead, I was staring at the girl next to her.

After school, I headed to the practice room first. Having access to the practice room whenever I wanted was one of the many benefits that I enjoyed as the Dance captain. Recalling the many occasions I used the practice room as a private room to relax from the stress in school.

Just as I was fiddling with the speaker we use for our practice, I heard the practice room door open.

"You're just in time" I said, turning around to see Yuxin approaching me.

"I'm guessing I'm not the person you were looking for?" Yuxin said.

"Not exactly, what are you doing here Yuxin?" I asked.

"I wanna ask you something Jiaqi" Yuxin spoke, generating all sorts of questions in my head.

I looked at the door, wondering if Xueer would come in any second and it was as if Yuxin had read my mind.

"Xueer won't be coming yet, she has to stay back in class with the teacher because she forgot to do her homework" Yuxin said.

"How did you-"

"Xueer told me, we tell each everything" Yuxin continued.

I swallowed hard, did Xueer outed me?

"But the one thing she doesn't tell me is the relationship between you two" Yuxin added.

"I don't understand-" I replied.

"Jiaqi are you dating Xueer?" Yuxin interjected.

Well, this sounds familiar.

But just as I was about to answer, the door swung opened and a distraught Xueer comes in.

"I'm so sorry I'm late Jiaqi, I forgot about my literature homework and Miss Shuxin told me to stay back in class to complete it" Xueer said, standing in confusion after seeing Yuxin.

"Yuxin? What are you doing here?" Xueer asked.

"Oh I'm just telling Jiaqi that I can't attend dance practice tomorrow as I have to attend extra chemistry lessons" Yuxin said, which I later found out was true.