Chapter Three

Everleigh looked around. Where was she? There were extremely tall iron bars surrounding her figure. She sat on the cold, smooth, concrete floor, in a dark cell. So dark, only the faintest light was let in from a distance. That light created enough ability for her to see the bars and allowed her to notice how solitary she was. all she could see through the bars all around her was darkness.

Just then as she was trying to stand, a figure wearing a red mask walked slowly closer to her. She was so frightened she tried to let out a scream, but when she opened her mouth, nothing came out. Her heart screamed but her mouth didn't. She was fully standing by now, and started to walk towards the opposite end. But as she did, she turned around and saw many more men in black masks following the same motion. she did not know what to do so she curled into a ball and lay on the floor terrified. Then...

She opened her eyes, sat up, and screamed. The bright daylight was blinding her because of the window on the opposite side of her bed. She looked around and saw her closet, her phone, her dresser, end table, fan-- she looked down at her hands and pinched herself. "Ow!" She said as she looked down at her bed she was sitting on. A big sigh of relief was let out of Everleigh's mouth. It had all been a dream.

First, she was very thankful that it was all over, and it wasn't real. Then her expression changed. The slight smile went away as she formed the words.................., "Dang it.

"Why couldn't my dream have been like last night's? One night I dream that I have a lover and the next I dream I have a hater? Well, hater-s for that matter. At least I think."

The next moment she heard loud footsteps coming toward her. Everleigh turned and looked over at the door that she knew was about to be flung open. And in the next few seconds, as the footsteps were getting louder, the door was harshly opened and Selena's thin figure and short messy hair appeared.

Holding back a laugh, Everleigh watched her roommate stare at her and say, "What happened?! Why the heck did you scream? Everything looks fine in here.. uh...?" No longer could she hold back the laugh. Half chuckling half smiling, Everleigh told her, "I had a nightmare last night, and I screamed as I was waking up I guess. Heheh."

Selena was not happy. "Well your scream woke me up and it's 8:00 in the morning on a Saturday! I'm gonna go hit the sleep and go back to hay."

Everleigh looked at her brown-eyed friend. "Did you mean hit the hay and go back to sleep?" She questioned.

"That's what i said. Sometimes I don't understand you Everleigh. I'm leaving now."

She watched Selena fumble to her room, leaving the door open. Everleigh then looked at the clock on her phone. It was 10:36 a.m.. Selena was definitely half asleep.

She unlocked her phone and went straight to Instagram. She started scrolling when a notification popped up. It was from iMessage. The text was from Faith and it read:
" Leaving in five min. 😜 "

Everleigh had forgot about shopping. "Ohhhhh boyyyyy.." she said as she shuffled through her clothing trying to find something cute to wear. She landed upon a fancy mauve shirt and light blue skinny jeans. After putting them on, she ran immediately to the bathroom where she threw on some makeup. Her eyeshadow was the exact color of her shirt so it matched perfectly. She curled her hair, and picked out some dangling pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. Then she chose some white-strapped, slightly heeled sandals, and her mauve purse.

After all of the rush she set down her purse on the living-room couch and headed for the kitchen. She figured she and Faith would stop at Twisty Doh in the mall and get giant pretzels, so she only had a piece of toast with lemon-ginger jelly on it.

As she was finishing up, there was a knock on the door. Everleigh put the rest of the toast in her mouth, quickly washed her hands, grabbed her purse, and opened the door. "Heyyy!" Said Faith. They hugged and started talking. Everleigh grabbed her keys off of a hook, shut the door and locked it. The girls hopped in the car and drove off.

While they were riding, Faith told Everleigh that she forgot to pick up a part for her dads truck and was wondering if she could stop somewhere. "It'll be really quick." She assured her. "That's fine." Was Everleigh's response. "You go ahead. I'll stay in here."

"Okay, thank you!"

Everleigh sat in the car, waiting, as Faith went inside the car shop. She was scrolling on Instagram since she didn't quite get to it earlier. While she was scrolling, she happened to look up. She was a little startled by what she saw. She looked closer as memory started to frighten her. Walking into the small shop, was a tall man, wearing a red....