Chapter 4

[Virgil's POV]

   It's been a few weeks. Patton and I have become good friends during that time. We're currently chilling in my room on a weekend talking about soulmates. Patton has a suspicion that Logan is his soulmate but has yet to confirm it.

   "Just ask your soulmate what their name is." I absent mindedly say.

   Patton gasp, "WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THAT!? Do you have a washable marker I can borrow?"

   "Pfft- Yeah of course." I chuckle out while I get up, grab a light blue washable marker, and toss it too Patton. He fumbles but eventually gets a hold of it. He then proceeds to write on his arm.

   "So... enough about my soulmate. What about you?" Patton cheerily questions.

   "Oh uh... Well they like to doodle flowers. They are really extra based of what I remember from when we used to talk. That's about it though."

   "Have YOU ever asked their name?"

   "No... I've always been too anxious to do it." I mumble.

   "What if I write it? Would that help?" He obviously really wants to know who my soulmate is.

   "Fine." I say stretching my arm out for him to write on, "I wanna know his name anyways." Patton then writes on the back of my hand and we go back to chatting while we wait for some sort of response. Unsurprisingly for me, my soulmate responds in a few minutes. I feel a tingle on my arm meaning they responded. Looking at the spot I see "My name is Roman! You?" in beautiful red lettering. My eyes widen. I know a Roman. He is Patton's best friend!

   "Uh... Patton? They responded."

   "Ooo! What's their name?"

   "Roman."

   Patton goes silent and, slowly, a huge smile appears on his face, "I KNEW IT!!!" I'm dumbfound by this reaction. He dances around my room in victory for a bit and then calms down. He explains that he had a hunch Roman and I were soulmates with how we playfully antagonize each other. That's all we do though. Trade insults and nicknames. After he explains, I sigh. and grab my favorite purple marker. He gave me is name so I might as well give him mine. Below his message I write my name.

   During Patton's little victory, his soulmate responded. The reply came off a bit sassy too me. "Tell me yours and I'll tell mine." Patton, of course, immediately gave his name. Soon I get a text message. I was scared to look since Princey and I had each other's numbers but when I look I find it's from Logan. He sent a picture of some messages that were on his arm. They were the same ones that were on Patton's. "There has to be a mistake. Patton is far too silly and immature to be my soulmate." was the text attached to the image.

   I text him back saying, "Dude, I'm hanging out with Patton rn. He is your soulmate. You ok if I tell him or do you wanna tell him yourself?"  

   "Go ahead. It'll spare me the distress." He responds. I motion Patton over too me and he plops down next to me.

   "So Logan sent me this image." I state handing him my phone with only the picture Logan sent me pulled up. Patton's smile, somehow, gets even bigger. He immediately texts Logan. I don't know what was sent. Though it was probably something like, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR MY SOULMATE!!" knowing Patton. My phones goes off one more time. I look at my lock screen to see who texted me. It's Roman. My heart rate immediately goes up. I don't look at the text. I'm not ready to look at the moment. Maybe later tonight because definitely not right now. Patton and I chill for a while longer. Chatting some about soulmates but it's mostly him trying to convince me to go too a football game so I can see him and Roman preform at halftime since they're in the color guard. Finally, I give in. 

   Patton eventually goes home. Something about Roman wanting to hangout with him. I told Patton not to tell Roman about the whole soulmate stuff we did with me today. The rest of the day, I dread looking at the text Roman sent me. I'm going to have to face him tomorrow anyways since today is Sunday. I'll just look at and respond to the text tomorrow morning. What's the worst thing that can happen.