a new beginning

"I lost the game..."

She stared in fear at the moon as the button eclipsed over it.

"O god I've lost everything..."
------------------------------

it had been 2 years since Coraline jones had gone missing.. no trace of her.. just gone. her parents and police had finally given up looking for her and were moving to avoid the painful memories of how they treated her.

------------------------------

Y/N pov (9 years later)

i can't believe we have to move.. and all because that damn college didn't accept me.. my grades were high enough they just weren't interested in a student that goes against the stupid dress code! college doesn't even have a dress code!! it's all whatever you want!! ugh.. whatever there's no point in pleading now, we are already here..

"isn't this exciting Y/N? you get too start over and maybe you will be accepted into the college here!" my mum is very supportive and optimistic, but my school reputation won't change..

"yeah and then u can become a marine biologist! i can't believe you let such a stupid act almost ruin your career!" my dad.. well he's a different type of supportive..

"wow. sorry for not wanting to wear a sexist uniform that went against all that i am." i say sarcastically. i'm not sorry at all, those uniforms make us all look like prats.

"no need for the tone Y/N." no need for the tone YN! he doesn't understand.. i roll my eyes.

i don't even want to become a marine biologist.. i just want to spend my days drawing and making comics, but of course that's not a proper job! ugh i never get anything i want. we are pulling up into the driveway and a pink house comes into view. i know it's called the 'pink palace' but i wasn't actually expecting it to be pink. the paint is all chipping off and has stains of an unknown substance.

no ones pov

the L/N's opened the front door and peered in to a poorly taken care of house. "well... it's no palace but at least it's not that caravan we were in." your mum said optimistically. before you found this house, you were living in a free caravan that an old man gave you. it was free because he was lonely he figured that your families company was enough of a payment. while it was true that the caravan was worse, this wasn't much better. ".. Y/N, why don't you explore the garden while me and your mother talk." you knew what he meant by this. he didn't like it and will probably try to convince your mum to move somewhere else. you grabbed a bag and put in your phone, your drawing book and a few range of pencils. maybe you can find something interesting to draw.

walking down an unusually steep hill you hear a faint tap behind some rocks. nope! not going to be the basic horror character! just gonna keep on walking... you take a few more steps before stopping. ...ok im gonna go investigate. you let curiosity get the best of you and walked over to the rocks. you held up your sketchbook ready to hit someone or something if needed. "meoww." oh a cat. aww. "hello! aww you so cute!" you crouched down and petted the black cat. it purred. "hehe know any scenic thing to draw?" you ask with a smile. the cat stands up triumphantly almost as if it were posing "hehe ok yea good idea! i'll draw you!" you cross your legs and begin sketching. "what you drawing?" you jumped and the sudden noise. "oops sorry!" the male voice exclaimed you turned around to see a tall boy with curly brown hair, looked around 19-20 and he had a strange looking mask sat on top of his curly locks. "it's ok.. my fault for not paying attention.." you smiled at him. wow he's cute.. what!? since when have i thought something like that! you thought. He crouched down,"oh! your drawing the cat!" his voice brought you back to the land of the awake. "o-oh yeah.." you blush, you barely ever let anyone see your drawings. "is it your cat?" you ask him "no but i do feed him every night and sometimes he sleeps in my room but i'm not sure who his real owner is. i think he's a stray." he said petting the cat as it perched itself on his shoulder. "anyway, i'm wybie, wybie lovat." 

"wybie? that's an interesting name, nice though!" you quickly added as to not seem rude. 

"haha thanks, it's short for why born, not my choice of course. what's your name?"

"o-oh right Y/N. um Y/N L/N." you held out your hand to shake his. he hesitantly shook your hand almost as if he didn't know how. "i'm surprised my grandma let you move in, she owns the place and she doesn't usually rent it to families with children." he stood up.

"i'm not a child! ii'mm legally an adult! >:3 " you said proudly almost singing the 'i'm'.

"could've fooled me." he smirked. you  then realised that you were still on the floor. you quickly stood up and put your book on one of the rocks. "what's that supposed to mean?" you asked

"i'm just saying you are small." wow.. he said that a lot more bluntly than you thought. 

"i'm not small! i'm average height." you said crossing your arms and sticking your tongue out. "right. an adult clearly" he said raising an eyebrow while smiling. 

"whatever old man!" you blew a raspberry at him. 

"old man? im only 20!" he replied

"could've fooled me! :P " you used his own words against him. he let out a fake offended gasp and put a hand on his heart "how dare you!" he stood tall and puffed out his chest in an attempt to look intimidating. It worked for a second until his mask fell over his face and he let out an 'oof' sound you both laughed until you heard your name in the distance. "Y/N!!"

"oh. i guess that's my cue to leave.. ill see you later wybie" you waved

"ill come round later to meet your family and make sure all ok!" he shouted as you walked away.

"k!" you yelled back.

------------------------------

Y/N pov

i got to the door where i saw my mum smiling "wanna pick your room?" i guess that means dad lost the argument as per usual. i nodded and i guess she could see the small smile i was desperately trying to hide. "you seem happy. which is good of course but what happened? cute neighbour?" how did she know! "m-mum!"

time skip bcs i'm lazy ;P

after eating dinner, i walked into the kitchen to get my drawing book and saw dad probably doing something boring, "hey Y/N." 

"hey dad." i looked over to him and smiled but he wasn't paying attention. I then saw him reading? no observing.. he had my sketch book..

a/n

if you're anything like me, u probably won't read this. but for those who do, i just remembered how much of a crush i had on wybie when i was younger so what did i do? came to wattpad of course XD but most of the ones i found were coraline x wybie so i decided to write my own bcs there aren't enough ;P sooo in conclusion u dont havr to take it so seriously since i'm writing this for me mostly, but if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them<3 thx for reading xx

-mushroom-chan