Start Of Something New

Nini just looked at me like I killed her cat , and she stomped away and EJ just looking dumbfounded and saying "She thinks I'm a Chad" .  and he ran after Nini and Kourtney following them both as they walked past from the cast list of the musical.

I looked to see who Nini was and she was my understudy and Ricky looked like he was about to have a breakdown , Big Red reassuring him that it was going to be fine.

And then Ricky just stormed right past me to his first class , and Delilah hugging me and saying that it was all going to be fine.

Well Delilah was wrong Ricky avoided me like the plague , and Delilah was forced to texting Big Red instead of seeing him in person much to her disappointment.

"Ricky's an overdramatic idiot Aelin " she exclaimed "I don't know how to live like this" she said after we met up to walk to her house and eat her parents famous tamales and just talk about everything until Ricky wants to commit to rehearsing with me for tonight.

Rehearsal was torture enough today Ricky looking like I just told him Santa wasn't real.

And he hasn't responded to my text all day or sat with me and Delilah at lunch so I just had her on my team for now.

Since I knew he liked Delilah's parents cooking since we had play dates sometimes and before they owned their own restaurant I decided the best way to convince him to rehearse with me was, bribing him with their tamales while I was eating them myself at the moment in their cream tan colored restaurant smelling of spices and just good home cooking.

Delilah's mother hovering over her every second and asking her a million questions at a time, while her father tried to keep her mother busy so she could spend "girl time " with me as she sketched fashion designs for the show and then just because it helped her focus and just for fun.

Delilah then forced me to text Ricky to see if he would fall for the bribe , so I decided to take a chance and see if it would work.

Pulling out my phone I found Rickys contact and opened my texting app on my phone.

A<3 : I've left a billion messages and I know this is weird giving you were doing this to win Nini back but you still can.

A<3: Plus we have to rehearse and I saw you before I headed to Delilah's house to eat tamales at the skate park when we left rehearsals.

A<3: I'll bring over tamales Richard.

A<3 : You know you can't resist them curly fry.
He was typing and I waited patiently for his response .

Ricky🐻: You had me at tamales and your forgiven Daenerys.

I smiled at his nickname he gave me from a show him and Big Red like for some odd reason , so I smiled at Delilah happily and she shouted yes her parents looking at her oddily but we just sat at the wooden booth just laughing, and her saying "I told you so" after I finished my tamales and Delilah's mother hugging me tightly and handing me tamales and Delilah shouting that she"ll see me tomorrow I headed towards the Bowen residence.

I looked to see if my parents were home next door and they weren't yet so me and Ricky had time to rehearse which was good, I saw a man in his early 40's and who I recognized instantly as Ricky's dad Mr. Bowen as he opened the door to his house he greeted me and immediately smelled the hot tamales and graciously took them from me.

And since he knew I didn't like to chat much , he smiled and said Ricky's upstairs he handed me a putrid yellow plate with the tamales, on them and I headed up the creamy white carpeted stairs to Ricky's room.

I saw Ricky's posters of Tony Hawk and pictures of me and Big Red through the years and some with Delilah too in them and he immediately smiled as I handed him the plate that held delicious smelling tamales.

He immediately thanked me and dug in leaving me some , also saying how he didn't want to eat microwaveable food for one night and have real food , I immediately laughed at that.

To say Mr. Bowen couldn't cook was the truth  but at least he tried sometimes for his son.

Soon there was the inevitable silence that you could hear a pin drop , if you went into Ricky's room right now.

I decided to break it with saying "We should practice our lines " Ricky agreeing as he wiped his hands off on his bathroom towel.

I wanted to start when Troy and Gabriella sang The Start Of Something New and Ricky being clueless not knowing the plot or the movie he agreed.

Ricky then looked shocked but nevertheless sang the first verse, I did a small gasp he would always joke he couldn't sing and yeah he sang at the audition but he really blew me away, then my verse suddenly came pulling me out of the trance.

Then me and Ricky suddenly became Troy and Gabriella in that moment, then I did so sing I'd never thought I do in a million years , after we finished singing the song I came up to Ricky and immediately kissed him he tasted of mint and tamales and I was just in a trance I didn't care and what really shocked me was Ricky didn't pull back or wipe his mouth off with his hand disgustingly.

He held my face caressing it as if I was a porcelain doll, and our mouths just moved in sync with each other neither of us wanting to let go, and savoring this moment.

I'm so screwed.

AHH THEY KISSED

1. Did you all like it too soon or no? They are childhood best friends and Aelin has had a HUGE crush on Ricky for a long time ?

2. Will the kiss backfire?

3. What will go on next 🙊

4. Favorite moment

Don't forget to comment and vote 🥰

STAY SAFE ❤️

Constance Marie as Eva Smith

Frank Pando as Ricardo Smith