CH. 02 Mistake

"That's a fucking fake, you dumbass!" Sebastian yelled, sneering at Muichiro. You were trying to hold back your laugh. He just looked like a 10 year old child that's trying to disagree with everything right. You covered your mouth when Lance  touched the tip of the blade, causing his finger to bleed. You just laughed and Muichiro smiled. He screamed like a total moron. "HE DID IT! HE DID IT! HE SLICED MY FINGER!" What a total idiot. Another student said, "Shut up Lance. We all know it was you! So shut the fuck up and stop acting like it was his fault!" And with that, Lance went out and slammed the door.

You and Muichiro looked at each other, and just laughed out loud looking like Psycho Lovers. Both of you sat down.

-

Time passed by very quick, last class was immediately finished. You were all shocked when the emergency bell rang, well except for Muichiro. He held your hand, looking scared. "Y/N, what's going to happen?!" You were about to cry, but you just held his hand and took him outside. The school was handling everything like immature children, they could cause a stampede.

There was a school shooter on the loose.

Everyone started hearing gun shots, and went to the safest places possible. But you and Muichiro went to an open area, it was the rooftop. "A school shooter?" Muichiro has realised. You nod, knowing it was a bad idea to go to the rooftop. But there's no going back now. There was a bomb ticking somewhere in the rooftop, but then if you go down the shooter will see both of you. "Mui, I'm scared.." you felt like a coward, but deep down you just couldn't handle the pressure. You read Mui's mind, he knew there was a bomb.

"Y/N, get up. Immediately." He got up and held both of your hands. You started to ask him questions like, "Where are we going?" and "What are you going to do?" But he didn't answer. I guess that's the reverse effect of what happened during lunch. No time of joking around, he was taking this seriously. He went to the edge of the fence, and without warning, he hugged you tight and jumped off the 5-floor school. It was faster than you thought, you thought both of you could have been shot in mid-air. He landed on his back and passed out.

"Muichiro-Kun!" You screamed, but not loud enough for the shooter to hear. You tried carrying him, but during it he woke up. "Mui!" You hug him. "Y/N, there is no time to cuddle right now. A shooter is on the loose!" He got up, and his bones cracked. It's insane how he could handle that fall and still protected you. He fell on damn concrete. Solid concrete. He took his sword out of its scabbard. Just then you realised this was your first fight, although you weren't a permitted demon slayer but you knew you had to fight for everyone's sake. So you did the same.

You just followed what Muichiro did, he asked if you could search for obvious sounds from the shooter. He asked if you could separate. You were scared, you really were. But then again, you knew you had to fight. You walk away and accidentally step in on a conversation between..two demons?! You just step back and hide behind the wall. It seems like they were the shooters. But why guns? Where did they get those? You were so shocked that you couldn't breathe. You thought the skills in the anime were stereotypical, but you tried Total Concentration Breathing anyways.

You couldn't give a signal to Muichiro because he was three floors above you, and he didn't know where you were. You gathered all your strength, and faced them. You step up, but then you really weren't worthy. You then knew it was a mistake.

You realised one mistake can end up with you losing many opportunities.

You felt like everything started to fall apart, but then you wielded your sword even without a breathing style. You didn't have the strength and the sword was a lot heavier than you thought it would be. You felt air pass through, the room was small. So you hoped not to break anything that was valuable.

"Your smell, you reek of an inexperienced human!" Hearing these words made you feel angry. All you really wanted to do was leave, be safe, and have fun.

You slashed your sword, aiming for their neck. You didn't have any ability to see the opening thread, so you did what was possible. It was a normal slash, you felt strong, but you had no chance of surviving the fight with these monstrous demons. You started to crumble and cry when you see the thorns coming out of their bodies, it was aiming for your stomach. You just dropped your sword in fear and everything turned into darkness..

-

"Y/N! Wake up!" You wake up to see Muichiro, both of you were still outside..it seemed like you passed out, you were hearing gunshots from inside and screaming. "We've got to save them!" Muichiro says as he carries you on his back. "The bomb, Muichiro, the bomb!" You pointed at a bomb near the two of you. "RUN!" You scream out loud.

💥

Everything around you has been bombed, and you were laying down, injured. "Where's Muichiro?" You thought to yourself. You get up, but then your ribs couldn't keep up with you. You were hurting badly. But you didn't care, you had to look for Muichiro. Some place still had fire, it seemed like everyone has been saved and were sent home. It was 5 pm.

"Muichiro!" You scream out loud, starting to worry. "Muichiro!" You scream louder, starting to tear up. You see a lying body in the distance, with long black hair and beautiful turquoise tips. What were you thinking? Save that person!

You pick up the person's upper body, and laid her head on your lap. "Y/N.." She had a deep voice, you could barely even see..you feel her hand touch you cheek. You rub your eyes, and look back at.. Muichiro?! "Muichiro-Kun! I am sorry!" You broke down and hugged him. He smiles at you slowly before he passes out.

-

"Darling, I heard your school was caught on fire yesterday. Is that true?" Your elder sister asked. "Yes." Your sister took your phone, and notices the wallpaper you had. "Is this your boyfriend?~" she shows you a picture of you and Muichiro. You snatch the phone and get out of the house. You couldn't handle the guilt you were feeling, he sacrificed himself for you. You broke down in tears again.

You went to the hospital where you took Muichiro. You were starting to feel nervous, until someone touches your shoulder, which made you look around. It's..Nezuko?! "Hello, I've heard about what happened and I am sorry that you had to experience it.." Why does she talk to me like we have met before? You cover your mouth so you couldn't scream. "Y-yes..well, come with me." You held Nezuko's hand and looked for Muichiro's room.  Until you bumped into, a doctor..?

▷ All of the characters have been Y/N's schoolmates all along but she's never known, and they were the survivors of what happened. Nezuko wasn't at school yesterday that's why she didn't know what happened :v

"Hello, I remember you from yesterday. Ms. Y/N, right? I am doctor Tamayo. I am guessing you are visiting.. Muichiro Tokito?" You nod. Something felt fishy. Well you didn't have to worry since it was Tamayo afterall. She leads you and Nezuko to Muichiro's room and waves goodbye. You sigh and open the door. Your eyes widened.

It was Muichiro with many girls. Not just girls, they were your ex-friends. How you wished they could've just died in the fire.

You cover your mouth, and Nezuko looks at you.

"What the fuck?" You say out loud and run away to the bathroom.

💫

Hey! Thanks for Supporting my recent work. It was the modern day, and the survivors were all the Demon Slayers except for your ex-friends. So basically, Y/N is like a student but is a demon slayer. Next chapter is damn fire, so stay tuned and keep on reading!