1: depressive thoughts and an unexpected visitor

It was a cloudless night when you were sitting in front of your window, watching New York’s nightlife wake up. You sighed and rested your head on your arm. The last few weeks had been horrible for you. It started when your best friend Leonardo had started to act very strangely. You had met the mutant turtle a few months back, when he and his brothers had helped you and April get away from the purple dragons.

After the turtles last match with the Shredder, Leo’s personality had changed a lot. He stopped to casually talk to anyone and was obsessed with his training. He had become even more a hothead than his brother Raphael and everyone was worried about him. You all hat tried to reach him, asking what was wrong, but he never gave you or anyone an answer. Even when his good friend Usagi came for a visit, he wasn’t able to reach out to Leo.

And then the whole situation got even worse when Leo had hurt Master Splinter during training. Leo himself knew he had gone too far and was shocked after the incident happened. You had confronted him shortly afterwards, in hope to be able to talk to him about everything.

-Flashback-

“Leo!” You shouted out his name and ran up to him. He was on the way to his room, perhaps to meditate or just to calm down. Turning to you, you noticed he was frowning.

“What is it (y/n)?”

“What’s wrong Leo?” you asked him calmly, waiting for his reaction. Under his blue mask you saw his eyes darken a bit.

“(y/N) just leave it, I’m already having a bad day.” He wanted to turn away but you grabbed his arm in the process.

“No. Leo, you are my best friend and it hurts me to see you this way. Just tell me what’s wrong, maybe I can help you.”

“No, (y/N) just leave me alone!” while yelling at you he tugged his arm out of your grasp and due to the different strengths between you two, the force made you stumble to the ground.

“Ouch!” you let out a small shout when hitting the ground. Seconds later the other 3 brothers had come to your aid.

“You okay (y/N)?” Donnie asked and helped you sit up. You shook your head while looking at your palms and knees with teary eyes. The fall to the rough, stone floor had given you small wounds that were bleeding. Looking up to Leo you just were able to see his worried and shocked face before he turned and ran out of the lair.

The next day he was gone. He had left without one word of goodbye. Master Splinter had told you he went away for a special training in Japan.

-Flashback end-

That was about 2 months ago. Just thinking about it made you depressive. But the current events that had happened 3 days ago were the true reason you were in a terrible mood at the moment.

By pure coincidence you had received horrible information from a former friend. Your former friend had joined the foot clan some time ago and had told you that their master, Karai, had defeated the foots greatest foes: the turtles. Shocked you had snuck back to the lair, only to find it destroyed and no sign of the brothers or their master.

Sighing you got up and stretched your arms. You needed some fresh air to clear your mind. With that thought you opened the door to your balcony. The cool night wind greeted you and awakened your tired mind a bit. After shutting the door behind you, you turned to the ladder you once had installed next to your window and started to climb. Once again your mind wandered to the 4 missing brothers, since you only had bought the ladder to climb up to the rooftop to hang out with the guys. The last time seemed such a long time ago. Reaching the roof you let out a quiet “huff” as you crawled over the edge. Now standing on the top of your house you looked up to the illuminated moon, sending a wish to the sky, hoping Karai had failed to defeat your friends and that they were alright.

Suddenly a hand covers your mouth and you feel yourself being pulled away from the edge of the roof. Following your instinct, you tried to free yourself without any luck. But to your surprise the person lets go of you, as soon as you both were hidden in the shaddows.

"Shhhh, quiet (y/N). It's just me." Your eyes widden after hearing the oh so fimiliar, male voice behind you. turning around you find yourself face to face with an old friend, you hadn't seen in a while. A smile comes to your face and you let out a little squeel seeing him smile in the dark.

"Leo!!"