.Akuma no Ko 3.

...

Key: "talking"
"thinking"
accented words
words that will get a definition
demonic noises

Previously...

"Mei-san was just killed by something!" He said in dread. Chiyo's fainted at the news, her husband caught her before she fell to the ground. Benjiro just stared at his wife in worry. Banzan on the other hand watched Kusuriuri in wonder. Kusuriuri turned his head towards Benjiro and Banzan.

"Why does Lady Chiyo have a fear of water and reflections"

---

BEADS OF SWEAT started to form on Benjiro's temple. His eyes shifted around nervously, trying to escape the soul-piercing stare the medicine seller gave them. Banzan, on the other hand, was relaxed. His eyes were closed as if he was in thought. Akio just looked between the three, he was only hired recently and had no idea what was going on. Then, the silence broke.

"She was traumatized," Banzan spoke solemnly. His eyes still closed, Akio began to think it was only for the elder man to hide his thoughts.

"How?" Kusuriuri asked.

"Her child drowned in the ocean."

---

"The sound of childish laughter rang through the sky. It sounded so happy, so so so happy. If only the child knew what was going to happen.

"Ichigo-kun! Come back!" A woman's voice called out. The child who was once running around the area came back to his mother. His mother gave him a gentle smile and ran her fingers through his dark hair.

The boy named Ichigo had a paler complexion, giving him a more unhealthy look. He was on the skinnier side of the scale, his fingers were boney. He had a yellow kimono wrapped around him. A pair of wooden sandals accompanied his boney feet. One glimpse at him and you could tell how sick the poor boy was. That, however, didn't stop him or his family from being happy-"

The tale was cut off.

"Lies! No one in the family was happy when that kid was alive!" Exclaimed Benjiro, his wife still unconscious in his arms. A glare was shot at him by Banzan but Benjiro could care less. He wasn't in his right mind, the face of his deceased son haunted his thoughts.

Kusuriuri rose a brow at the sudden breakdown. Akio, on the other hand, was a bit alarmed at the abrupt breakdown.

"The kid always wanted an apology whenever someone 'wronged' him, " the sound of metal clashing together floated through the air. Akio's eyes snapped towards the red katana. The head of the katana was still, which frightened Akio a bit.

"WE KILLED HIM. WE KILLED HIM BECAUSE HE WAS TO SICK AND TOOK TOO MUCH MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR?!" Benjiro snapped. The same metallic sound appeared again.

Kusuriuri stayed neutral while Akio stared in disbelief and horror. Benjiro was breathing heavily, his chest moving up and down harshly. The room was silent. Banzan's eyes were fully opened and glaring dangers at his son. Chiyo who had woken up a moment ago heard what her husband said and began to cry. She hunched over and covered her face with her hands.

The guilt was killing her, just when it had just disappeared.

It was silent. No words were spoken, the only noise present was everyone's breathing. The room was suffocating, it felt like one small move and it was over. Akio slowly glanced at the rest of the occupants of the room. His gaze was calculating the Shiruku family didn't seem to notice it but Kusuriuri did, he pushed it aside and focused on the mononoke.

The room began to shake abruptly. The rain outside began to pour harder the sounds of thunder crashed through the room. The lady of the house yelped as the tremors seemed to get intenser. She grabbed on to the trembling table hoping to get a bit of balance, her father-in-law followed her actions. Benjiro sat there still trying to calm himself from the gurgling noises his son made when he ruthlessly shoved his son in the ocean. Akio was on all fours as he tried to not just roll away somewhere. Kusuriuri somehow stood undisturbed, standing in a fighting stance holding his katana, ready for anything.

---

The vendor rushed out of the room heading towards the rampaging mononoke. The shoji he left through slammed shut. Akio feeling concerned for the former carefully headed to the shoji trying not to tumble over. As he was walking the shakings paused for the time being. Not missing the chance he ran to the shoji and creaked it open a small bit.

He watched as Kusuriuri transformed into a different looking person. His katana was unsheathed a high beam of light(?) shot out of the handle. He watched and he was fighting a demonic-looking child.

The child was wrapped in seaweed it covered his eyes giving him a more eerie look. The kid and his white kimono were drenched in water. Water dripped onto the ground creating puddles of different sizes.

Kusuriuri rushed towards the mononoke and swung his sword, the child, however, dodged and scratched the seller's arm. Felt himself being shoved and fell to the ground. He looked up and saw it was Master Benjiro who shoved him. He bared no ill feelings until he realized that this was the same man who drowned his own son for a greedy purpose. A frown married onto his face. He looked to the other two, the feeling only deepened.

"AHHHHH-" a red liquid splattered onto the floor. A pungent smell intoxicated the room, it was a sickening scent. Akio felt sick. He saw the body of one of his master's crash onto the floor. Without thinking, Akio slammed the shoji closed. The sent of blood only got more powerful. Tears pricked at the sides of his eyes, seeing another dead body was mind-destroying for him. First his employer and now this. He felt puke rise up in his throat, he could only swallow it down. Lady Chiyo, on the other hand, threw up everywhere. Her father-in-law only scooted away from her, a disgusted scowl appeared onto his face. Then it morphed into anguish when he saw his only son laying there on the floor, dead. The loss must have been hard for him because he had lost consciousness.

Akio looked back at the lady of the house, she fainted as well. Her head laid against the table, her arms flopped down to her sides. Akio sat there and waited for Kusuriuri to finish slaying the mononoke.

---

It was now early morning. For most of would have been another day, nothing special. That was different for a certain red-haired male.

The male was praying in front of a grave, to be more specific it was the grave for Ichigo. The one that was known as Kusuriuri had left a bit ago. Akio didn't know what to think of the other male. It was weird, he was weird, Akio concluded.

The aforementioned male quit his job right after the incident and decided to go meet his relatives.

What the teen didn't know was that he was going to have more encounters with the one called Kusuriuri and mononoke.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1249

A\N: Boom! One arc done. It's not as good as I would like it to be especially this chapter but oh well. Sorry for not uploading in a bit I had trouble keeping this story up so I decided to upload every Wednesday. See you in the next arc!