.Himari Village 3.

...

AKIO EXPECTED to hear the faint sounds of the woman's feet. Nothing came, just silence. The redhead glanced at the man next to him, a familiar unreadable look adorned the seller's face.

"Are you here to book a room?" Akio jumped, he turned around to face the soft voice. It was the woman. She had a kind smile on her perfect face, it made her more ethereal. However, Akio didn't fall for her charms, he knew what she was.

"Yes, we are," Kusuriuri spoke, Akio turned to face the man, then back at the woman.

While Kusuriuri and the lady discussed what room they'll be checking in, Akio looked all around the inn a second time.

Yes, the place looked old but there were many decorations to make up for the aged inn. They were many banners and pottery placed all over. It almost seemed cluttered.

Akio hated every second of being here. The off feeling he got whenever he was near a Mononoke was one he didn't feel any comfort from feeling. This placed reeked of the feeling. He was sure he was going to die. However, Akio tried his best to ignore it and put on a poker face. Ignoring didn't work but at least his poker face seemed fine.

"Hurry up." Akio hastily turned to the mysterious man and followed him. The red-haired teen slaughtered towards the man, hoping to keep up his cool facade. Seeing is companion gradually getting further and further away made Akio scrap that idea and run to the older man.

---

Kusuriuri glanced at the rushing teen, a smirk married onto his face. He hasn't had this much entertainment in a while. His thoughts then went back to a young girl he met named Kayo. She was kind. Akio was also kind.

He then began to compare the two to himself. Their looks for starters were complete opposites. While Kayo had dark hair, Akio had bright red hair, redder than an apple. Their skins were different as well. Not just in color, Kayo had smoother skin while Akio's wasn't dirty but it was clear he didn't take care of it. Kayo's eyes were a generic brown, Akio's were bright green, almost sea green.

They also had similarities. For example, the two were around the same age. The two were also terrified of Mononoke. Albeit, Kayo was more childish about it.

His smirk turned more genuine the longer his thoughts went on.

The big thing about them was that they believed in Mononoke, which them more considerably tolerable.

Kusuriuri glanced at the teen once more. He wondered if he would see Akio again next time.

---