019; the tonys

June 7th, 2020 6:30pm

Dawn was full of nervous jitters, especially for their performance in the midst of the show. She would be grabbed and escorted along with Ash and Paul to backstage where they would change into their costumes and immediately perform for the American Theatre Wing. No pressure!

Dawn was wearing a satin lilac dress that was neither a ball gown nor form fitting dress. It was tight around her chest and cinched around the waist, afterwards draping wistfully with half the silhouette of a ball gown. It had a glittery accent piece on the singular shoulder strap, and she felt a bit insecure. She loved this dress, but it was the pressures of these big names in extreme extravagance making her feel a bit inferior. She shook the thoughts from her brain and smiled, catching sight of Paul and Ash, who had arrived at almost the same time.

Both men looked incredibly dashing in black tuxes. Paul's hair looked the same as always, and Ash's was messy, likely for the performance later, but just different enough from the show to be called 'Red Carpet Ready.'

In Dawn's six inch heels, she was a few inches short of Ash, and still far from Paul. She seemed to be almost up to his chin, which was a change.

Ash's immediate hug eased her in the slightest, "Dawn, you look amazing!"

The girl blushed. Now that her cast mates were here, the blunette felt much more at ease. So they set out to take on the red carpet.

They were asked questions and told to pose, with flashing lights that called their names repeatedly. They were instructed on where to stand, how to angle themselves and who to smile with. Dawn was continually asked to pose with Paul, which was slightly expected as they were costars. Though, unexpectedly, a lot of reporters wanted solely her and her gown.

Dawn obliged, for the first time in her life she felt like a star. It was crazy hearing so many people call her name all at once.

"Dawn Berlitz!" A man she couldn't recognize tapped her shoulder. "May I have a word with you?"

The blunette nodded, and they headed, seemingly no longer provoked, into the giant theatre where the Show would be held.

He was a tall man, a bit chubby with a stubbly chin. "Dawn Berlitz, I think you're amazingly talented. I've seen you in Spring Awakening and Footloose in North Jersey."

Dawn was extremely shocked, uttering, "Thank you so much, you're too kind."

"You can save the flattery! I'm actually here to offer you an audition, for a limited run production of Thoroughly Modern Millie."

Dawn almost jumped, her eyebrows furrowed in shock, as her bright blue eyes glanced back and forth. "You're kidding, that's my absolute favorite show!"

"I figured you'd be interested," he smirked. "I recommended you for an audition and the directors are interested. Here's my card, call when you want to schedule." Dawn grabbed the piece of paper from the man's grasp and immediately stuffed it in her purse for safe-keeping but when she looked up to thank the man, he was mysteriously gone.

Dawn shrugged in confusion, but it was immediately overthrown by excitement. She couldn't believe directors were interested in hearing her sing. But no matter, it was time to find her seat. Paul sat next to some mysterious woman and Dawn was assigned the seat right in front of him. The two were unsure of Ash's whereabouts but knew they were somehow close.