42; moving in!

July 29th, 2020

"I didn't agree for Gary to help out," Paul groaned.

"Yes but I'm too weak to carry in boxes all by myself and I can't risk an injury with Millie closing in four days," Dawn chirped, it was too damn early for this bullshit. "I know you wouldn't have helped much."

Paul had to walk behind his island, beginning to regret his decision of letting her stay. He whispered, "Pathetic."

The girl only really had four big boxes. Gary was quickly in and out. Dawn scratched her nose, sniffling. "Is there an animal here?"

"Damn, you're that allergic?"

"Yes! Why would I make that up?"

"Well my dog left this morning, my brother's taking care of her."

"So I'm gonna wash every surface tonight if that's okay?"

"Works for me."

"So, can I get a tour?" Dawn smiled.

"Damn Dawn, you're asking a lot of me," Paul groaned. He suddenly put on a mocking facade, "This is what you call an entertainment area."

"Okay, no tour if you're going to do it in that voice," Dawn concluded.

"Even better," the man left the area behind him and exited to his room, slamming the door closed behind him.

Dawn huffed, he sure made this place homey.

+++

That night happened to be Dawn's last night off. When Paul entered the door, with groceries after a long performance of Spring Awakening, which he skipped stagedooring to run that errand, he heard a strange wail come from the girl's new bedroom. He assumed it was frustration from unpacking, so the man continued on with his nightly routines. To his dismay, the noise continued and after a few unbearable minutes, he knocked on her door.

"Come in," the teen sniffed.

"What's with all the racket?"

At the moment, she burst out into tears and he instantly regretted everything he had said previously. "I'm so sorry!"

"What's with you?"

"It's just — Kenny won't stop texting me, I guess it's not a reason to cry..." She was glued to her phone, messages rolling in.

"Can I see?" He suddenly got protective, sometimes having this annoying instinct.

The blunette handed him the phone without any word. He stared at the messages and how toxic they were — all about himself.

So I heard you moved in with Paul

Doesn't take away from the fact that you're mine

We have to give the media what they want, DD

We'll be together soon.

I can't wait to eye you up tomorrow, I missed you so much today

Did you miss me?

"Why don't you block him?"

Dawn smiled sadly, a tear running down her cheek. "I don't have it in me. Our director would be mad at me."

"For protecting yourself? Dawn, this is dangerous."

"There's four days left, can't I just wait to block him?" Dawn sniffed.

"I guess so, but I think you should now."

"You do?"

"Or at least mute him," Paul admitted. "I'll do it for you."

"You will?"

"And I won't make a joke about it being pathetic."

She suddenly thought it was the time to make a joke. "Wow, I must be special." He wanted to say You are, but he knew now wasn't the time or place. With his pause brought more concern to the girl's face. "What if I block him and he notices? I don't think I can do the show with him, I—"

"I'll walk you to your theatre and put him in his place. Melchior isn't hard to get ready for, my call time is extremely late."

"You'd do that?"

"Are you kidding? A chance to beat up a true Broadway diva doesn't come every day..."

Without warning, the blunette threw her arms around Paul, murmuring, "Thank you."