Fathers love pt 2

Killian's pov

I never thought that I would have my daughter in my arms again but running into Echo at the harbor was something else. "This is the Jolly Roger," I said as we walked up to my ship. Echo had a look of wonder because I never thought she would have that look when seeing a ship like this.  "You worked on a ship before so you know how everything works?" I asked looking over at Echo as we walked on. "I have because I helped out with a ship captain on his ship a few years before he passed," Echo said before putting her hand on one of the ship railings. I could tell that there was pain in those memories though there is happiness as well. "You can help me out here while you are here and even when you stay here as well," I said which got her to smile knowing that she needed some familiarity with a ship. Echo knows that there is a process for her to stay here in town but I could tell that she wants to stay here. "I would like that Dad," Echo said as she walked around the deck noticing each detail of the ship. We talked about how magic has affected the town with each new thing that comes through. Echo had mentioned that for as long as she could remember she had this strong connection to the ocean to the point that she could feel the magic in each drop.

It was something that I could say the same thing though I had told her that the ocean holds a different breed of magic that only few could feel. Each sailor knows how to sail across the ocean which is something that one learns over time from experience. "Being a sailor much less a pirate is something that you choose though some will throw things against you," I said remembering how many times people didn't trust me. "I know and it's something that I see with the group home. The group home that I am at currently is near the harbor and my mentor used to work on a ship that was used in the Caribbean back during the height of Pirates' reign," Echo said and I was shocked that she had such a strong connection to water. "I think that you got that from me," was all that I said. "I have to head back to Gramps and Grandma before they start a search party," Echo said as she grabbed her bag. "At this point, both of us missed dinner so how about I escort you back and buy you dinner from Granny's," I said and Echo agreed. 

I had taken Echo to Granny's Diner to get something for dinner before taking her back. "Do you have a go-to diner food?" I asked as we arrived. Echo had told me that she preferred something warm in colder weather which was soup or chili though still going after sandwiches in warmer weather. "Never thought to get something warm at all to get my mind off things," I said as waited for our food. Granny asked why I had Echo with me and she told her that she ran into me at the harbor. Granny looked at her before looking at me with a knowing look without saying that she knew that Echo was my daughter. "Here is your food and let me know if you guys need anything else," Red said looking over at Echo. Echo knew that her name was unique compared to others which made her stand out. "You want to stay here don't you?" I asked her as she was eating her food. "I do though my case is still in the system so I don't get a say on where I go," Echo said with a pained voice.

From what I heard from Emma, foster kids often don't have a choice on where they get placed so it was something that hurts. After we finished eating, I walked Echo back to Charming's since she was standing there for the time being. When we arrived at the apartment, I knocked on the door letting them know that we were outside waiting. Mary Margret opened the door and she had a smile on her face when she the both of us standing there together. "So you finally found out or did you tell him?" she asked wanting to know why I was with Echo which was fair. "He found out when I went to the harbor after rehearsal," Echo said as she stood there like she was caught with her hand in the cookie jar. Mary Margaret told us to come inside so we wouldn't be blocking the hallway. "Never thought you figured it out before Emma Killian," David said when he heard what happened. I looked at him like I wanted to argue though I knew that he was right about that I found out before she did. "How are we going to tell Mom?" Echo asked pointing out that fact.

Seeing that we have to tread lightly about telling her that Echo returned home. "For now we are not saying anything to her about this," I said which was something everyone had in mind. "Try to lie to Emma and come out alive because you know that she knows when someone is lying Hook," David said. That got Echo's attention because she has some connection to the name which was something that threw me off. "That got your attention why?" Neal asked when he noticed it as well. "It's because that's the nickname that I had gotten from the group home due to the fact that I help out at the harbor near the home," Echo said trying to act like she didn't know. That alone made me smile knowing that we have something else in common other than our love for sailing. David knew that Echo had to take after one of her parents and it just so happened that she took after me. 

Echo's pov

After Dad left, I changed into my pajamas and Gran gave given a cup of milk to help me sleep. "Now your dad knows the truth so now your mom will be the last one to find out," Grandad said as he found me returning the cup to the sink. "I know but we have to find a way to tell her without her getting mad. That got Granddad to laugh because he knew that it was something that he knew that mom would react badly. "That's true but try to get some sleep we'll have a busy next few days," Granddad said before giving me a hug. I started to hum a lullaby to try to fall asleep in a quiet voice to not wake up the rest of my family. It was a song that was tied to the sea which says something due to the fact that I have a connection to the ocean.

'Idir ann is idir as

Idir thuaidh is idir theasIdir thiar is idir thoirIdir am is idir áit
As an sliogán
Amhrán na farraige
Suaimhneach ná ciúin
Ag cuardú go damanta
Mo ghrá

Idir gaoth is idir tonn
Idir tuile is idir trá
As an sliogán
Amhrán na Farraige
Suaimhneach nó ciúin
Ag cuardú go damanta

Idir cósta, idir cloch
Idir brí is idir muir
Tá mé i dtiúin

Between the here, between the now
Between the north, between the south
Between the west, between the east
Between the time, between the place

From the shell
The song of the sea
Neither quiet nor calm
Searching for love again
My love

Between the winds, between the waves
Between the sands, between the shore
From the shell
The song of the sea
Neither quiet nor calm
Searching for love again

Between the stones, between the storm
Between belief, between the sea

I am in tune'       

Once I finished the song, I fell asleep in the comfort of the bed that I had given for my stay.