The end

One day I awoke, and something was off. People around the church were still and quiet, almost like they were frozen, bar a few of us. We received a message that certain items need to be retrieved to restore the flow of time. We were sent off in parties of our rank, I was assigned with Quigley, Greep, Hiski and King. We walked for what seemed like hours, guided by a snake of the Parthenon that appeared outside of the town. We walked through the south woods and time itself, to the city of fountains, before its demise.

                Upon entering a temple, we were greeted with stone statues of snake like individuals dining, but the dining ware was not made of stone. As we progressed it felt as though we were being watched. We came across an old shower room and then a room with a giant statue, holding 6 relics. Greep reached inside the mouth of the snake statues head and became trapped when the jaws snapped shut, as snakes started pouting from the ceiling. We tried taking each artefact and slowing the fall of snakes, but it wasn't working. In the end I wildshaped into a snake and moved to where we entered, and the door slammed shut. I used my magic to open a hole in the wall to allow the snakes to escape and I was immediately slept away by a tide of snakes.  Using the cloak of the bat I was able to fly back and enter the room, to help the others.

We searched the room and were able to find a secret passage into a series of corridors. As we moved through the halls, Hiski made us aware of a danger, and moments later we saw a huge boulder rolling towards us. Everyone took action to get out of the way. Most jumped to the side and tried to press themselves into the corners out of its way, but Quigley hasted himself to run and I sunk into the floor using my stone melding. Some of us were injured, and we realised that we were unable to heal magically, including potions. From that point tensions were high

We reached the top of the sloped corridor and moved into a large room, filled with treasures and gold and amazing items. In the room there was a creature, humanoid, holding the sword we were meant to collect. The figure called us thieves and attacked. We had to fight hard, but we couldn't look at it, because it revealed itself to be a medusa. I decided to help my comrades by casting hold person, but I was so focused on the spell that I was too slow to react to the gaze.

The stone crept along the vines extending from my staff and reached me, creeping along my arms and spreading through me. I knew what was happening I saved Minos from this fate, but now nobody could save me...petrification.

I stood, frozen as stone, watching the others fight for their lives, before landing the killing blow. I felt the foundations of the temple shake, and Quigley rush to me, trying to lift me to take me out of the temple and back home. Even with the help of the others, they couldn't escape with me, and as the boulder fell from the ceiling, I felt a sorrow spread through me. The thoughts of y closest friends ran through my mind...Rax, Grilka, Shaka, Morthos, Quigley, Greep, Kuori, Keelin and Brackir. If I could have shed a tear I would.

I saw the boulder coming, and I felt it hit me, it was the most intense pain I had ever felt, twisting, burning, crushing and tearing all at once. Then it was over.

I died young, and with so many regrets. I thought about how I would never see Ront again, how I had never seen more of the world, or met a dragon, how I would never See Shaka smile again, or hear his awful laugh. How I was breaking my promise that I was coming home every time, no matter what. How I had never been with a man, how I could never tell Brackir how I felt. I would never get to be a mother, or an aunt, to give Shaka the nieces and nephews he so desperately wanted or to see Morthos marry that sassy fire girl. That my allies would carry this burden, how my new life was beginning and had now been snatched out of my hands. But I was going to join Ras, and his words had become the Creed family saying "Death is not so bad."...and so I welcomed death with open arms.