A Lasting Legacy

After falling in battle, crumbling into pieces as the temple collapses and entombs her remains, the petrified body of Veratt lies for 1000 years before being uncovered by a bat-like species of people. They find hope in her presence, the look of determination and defiance eternally etched onto her face driving them in their race for survival. The stories of her origin and her coming to them change over the centuries, stories of her fighting the Lian-ti and breaking chains of captivity, setting their ancestors free, guiding them and her spirit protecting them throughout the generations. She came to be known as "The Mother", and a shrine was built beside her, consisting of items scavenged from her resting place amongst the wreckage. The cape of the bat and necklace of fireballs acting as sacred relics in this damp, dark prison. As time passes the magic from these relics seeping into the environment, shaping this race, and maintaining the lifeforce.

The way time works in Faerun is strange, more like a web of timelines as opposed to linear movement. Because of this, it is only mere months after her death that a party of adventurers enter the city of fountains. The party is headed by a white dragonborn named Brackir, he stands tall and proud, intent on recovering the items of the fallen Veratt. He is accompanied by two of her allies who watched her fall, Greep and King Kidlat alongside 2 newcomers to the guild, Blossoming Mooflower and Kaiko. The party sets out to recover some of the items mentioned in her will, leading the party to the huge tree grove in the city and uprooting it, almost causing them to perish. As they move through the temple, they meet these bat-like people who worship "The Mother", who Brackir bears the symbol of by carrying her staff and signet ring. They lead them to her shrine, where Brackir shares stories of her mortal life and takes a few moments to say his goodbyes, softly planting a kiss on her forehead. To honour her legacy as an adventurer, goddess and woman, the team clear a path for her followers to be able to escape the oppression of the lian-ti, sadly losing Greep to the horde in the process.

Lady Veratt Cassalanter, T'tarev Creed, forever defiant in the face of oppression. Although she has fallen, she still guides many through life, acting as a beacon of hope for the lost, downtrodden, and oppressed, showing that even in the darkest of places, light, life, and hope can prevail.