One

"Please help me mom" Kiah said while tears started to fall from his eyes. His mom was shocked seeing his son crying, she never saw his son cry since that day and it breaks her heart seeing his son vulnerable.

"Are you sure about it son?" the boy looked at his mom with pleading eyes. It broke his mom's heart again. 'I can't say no to my son when he is this miserable' his mom though to herself.

"I'm sure mom. I know the moon goddess will give him a better mate than me, he is an alpha after all. He doesn't deserve a trash like me" Kiah's voice broke as his mom stares at him and eyes starting to fill with tears.

"Oh my dear son" his mom said and hugged her son. "You're not a trash. Don't listen to what they say okay? They don't even know what you're capable of doing" his mom said and broke down to tears.

"Mom please help me" he said as if his mom didn't say anything thing.

"Okay, I'll help you but promise me to take care of yourself" Kiah pushed his mother slowly to break the hug and he nodded his head.

"Zion will really kill me if he finds out" his mom said and sighed.

Kiah's POV

"Alpha" I said as I bowed my head down and lifting it again to see Zion who smiled at him but I didn't smile back. I choose to look like a robot, no emotions, just a poker face but my wolf started to get excited as he howled happily. I just ignored it and stared at Zion.

"I'm still not the alpha, K" he said and chuckled, it made my wolf go wild as he started to take control over me. He wanted to jump to Zion and hug him, never letting him go but I won't allow any of that. Someone like me won't fit to be his other half.

"Don't call me K, it's Kiah and you'll be announced as alpha tomorrow since you're also turning 18 this midnight" I said still with my emotionless face.

"But I always called you K" he said while pouting like a little child. Though he was a big man, to me he was cute. His black hair, brown eyes, muscular body and slightly tanned skin, he was gorgeous and I don't deserve any of that. He was also tall, taller than me for about 3 inch or so.

I, on the other hand has an ash blond hair with deep blue eyes. I'm quite muscular but not as muscular as Zion. My skin is almost pale but because of too much training in the sun made it more tan than pale.

"Please hug mate" my wolf, Kai keeps on saying things but still ignoring all his words. I'm not even thinking about doing what he says.

"It's Kiah-" I stopped as I smelled a scent that made my wolf and even me, crazy. I felt the need to get closer to it but stopped myself from doing it. 'Shit. The suppressant starts to ware out' I thought to myself trying to hide my expression.

"You okay?" Zion asked as he tried to walk closer and reach for me. I started to panic in my mind, not wanting him to see me like this but I know I was failing as I stepped backwards.

"I'm fine. I'll take my leave alpha" after bowing down I began to run to my room, ignoring the calls of the future alpha.

I closed the door, locking it to make sure no one will go in. I started to run towards a drawer next to my bed and stumbling making a loud noise but stood up again and got to the drawer as I opened it. I immediately took three pills in a jar and drank it.

I then sat on the floor, leaning against the bed as I tried to calm down myself. My breathing started to became normal as the time passes.

"It's getting worse" I whispered to myself.

I've been taking suppressant to block my mate's scent for almost two months now and first one pill will last for a day or two but now, even drinking three at once will not even last for 24 hours. Maybe I need something even stronger but I still need to drink another kind of suppressant.

I sighed and looked at my drawer again. I slowly reached for one small container that has pills in it. It was a scent suppressant. I need to hide my scent from him since he'll turn 18 this midnight I need to take it. I opened it and swallowed one pill. I put it back and drank water.

I sat on my bed and stared silently at the wall. It was getting comfortable until someone suddenly knocked at the door.

"K? The party is about to start" I heard Justin say from the other side of the door. Without hesitation I stood up and opened my door as I saw the future gamma of the pack. He was smiling at me but I just wore my emotionless face that I know he was already used to this.

"Hi K. Alpha said we need to greet the Alphas and other guests from other packs" he said and I just nodded at him as we began to walk down stairs to the pack house's entrance.

I was already dressed for this event since this afternoon. I wasn't excited or anything, I just wanted to be ready like a perfect beta should be. We did what we are told and greeted the guests until the party was about to start.

The pack house was full of other werewolves and me with the other warriors are attentive, guarding every inch of the pack house making sure it was safe. The music started to play and people started dancing and eating as they waited for midnight.

Minutes before midnight the current alpha of the pack, Luna and Zion appeared as they started their short speeches. I just stared at Zion, he was handsome with his formal clothes- I mean whatever he wears he is always handsome.

"Even without wearing anything, he is handsome" I just ignored Kai again and blocked him because I know he'll start talking about going to his mate and I don't want to do that.

After the speeches are finished the countdown started and I don't know why my heart starts to beat faster. I was still looking at Zion and he probably notice my stares. My eyes widen when he looked at me and smiled, I looked away when I felt my heart skip a beat.

Exactly 12 midnight Zion shifted as he smelled the air. His wolf started walking towards me- wait, can he smell me? I was confused and was starting to panic.

His wolf was right in front of me as he stopped and sniffed the air again, our eyes met for a second as he immediately ran past me to the door.

I was relived but at the same time I was hurt. Well, I deserve to be hurt anyway.

Maybe the Moon Goddess gave him a mate better than me. I know he's searching his perfect mate right but I can't help but be hurt.

"Mate doesn't want us?" I hear Kai's small voice. I know he was more broken hearted than me but I can't do anything with it.

"Yeah, I know he'll reject us anyway because I'm useless like trash" I said to my wolf as to my surprise he was silent.

°°°