How it all started

{Tracer's POV}

I wake up to the sound of a loud alarm clock, the same old alarm clock I've had for years. The same old alarm clock that has been through many snoozes, many slams from my fists, and yelling.
"Bloody hell!!! I'm gonna go deaf!"
I shut it off. I put on my slippers to protect my feet from the cold floor. And a blanket wrapped around me to keep me warm.

(Timeline: It's the middle of winter, Overwatch had barely got back together 2 weeks ago, they all return to the overwatch headquarters to retrain and live for a bit.)

I walk around my cold dorm room, before we got the gang together this place was abandoned. I see my unpacked suitcase "I can't believe I still haven't unpacked, I hope I brought enough clothes for the training session.. it'd be a big embarrassing mess if I didn't... I'm many MANY miles away from London..." 
I go to the little small kitchen in my room and start to heat up water for my tea, I walk outside my dorm and down the hall to the vending machine. I put my money in and enter the code. A sweet pastry wrapped in plastic plops to the bottom and I grab it. I quickly dash back to my dorm and close the door quietly. I can hear the whistle of boiling water as soon as I enter and I know my tea is ready to be made. I sit myself down on an old chair and unwrap the sweet treat, I enjoy it with my tea, and I scroll through social media for what seems like the next 30 minutes.
It's now 9:00 am and I know that there has to be more people up.. well that's if they didn't decide to sleep in.. cause if they did I woke up early for nothing.
I go to my suitcase, unpack and put away my clothes in the small closet. I put on my signature orange leggings and a black hoodie with the overwatch logo embroidered on the middle of it. I slip on some white tennis shoes and I fix my hair. I brush my teeth, wash my face and even spray a bit of perfume on. Before I know it I unlock my door and I skip down the hallway, I choose not to use my accelerator because it takes up a ton of energy that I don't have right now. I turn to the lobby, where there is a huge living-room-like place, big long couches to fit multiple people, two coffee tables, a huge widescreen tv and another hallway that leads to the cafe. I walk to the cafe to see Genji ordering a green tea, and I see Hana playing on her switch in the back corner of the room. Next to her is a family sized bag of Doritos that seemed to be empty, and two large energy drinks. Man, this girl never takes a break huh? That's Hana for you. I didn't want to disturb her intense gaming session so I walk over to Genji and I greet him.

"Oi! Genji! How's ya mornin goin'?!"
He turns to me and smiles.
"I'm quite tired, but it's amazing to see you again, Lena."

We sit at a table together and talk. It's nice having some company. Genji and I are one of the closest pairs here. We've known each other since the very beginning. It's amazing to get to catch up with an amazing friend. We continue talking for what seems to be an hour. We head over to the lobby and wait patiently for the over-sleeping agents while watching some tv. I can't wait to greet everyone else.

—————
Hi everyone! So proud to remake this series again! Sorry it's short and sorry if it's starting a bit slow. I'll try to get things moving as soon as I can :)
——
6/1/2020