two

kenma's eyes opened slowly, his body felt almost too heavy to even move. he heard some muffled voices, seemingly coming from downstairs, followed by footsteps coming up the stairs.

he watched as kuroo walked in, kneeling down by the bed and petting the younger's hair.

"how are you feeling?" "dizzy.. i can't get up."

"i'm sorry, baby.. do you need help? would you like any breakfast? you should probabl—" "i don't want anything, thanks though. i need to get home before my parents get mad at me."

"are you s—" kuroo began, but he stopped himself. he knew kenma should get home to avoid a severe, unnecessary punishment.

"okay... come here," kuroo then picked him up.

the smaller boy was extremely light and easy to carry, so kuroo just put him on his back and carried him down the stairs and outside to his bike. after getting on, they rode slowly back to kenma's house.

"kuroo.. i really want to get out of there. i don't care if they get locked up.."

"i know, hon, i know... you're going to get out of there soon. we'll find a way, i promise." "how do you know, though?"

"..because eventually, they're gonna fuck up. there's gonna be a time where they do something, and you or someone else reports it, and there is evidence, and so they get thrown in jail, and you get to leave and live somewhere better." "you really think that'll happen?" "of course. i know you're going to escape there, just stay as strong as you can. i'm always here."

as kuroo finished his words, they had already pulled up to kenma's house.

"alright.. bye, love. try to stay as safe as possible, and please call or text me if you need me. i love you so much." kuroo said, leaning down and kissing kenma's forehead.

"i love you too.. bye." he said and walked inside.

"kenma." the boy's mother, who was sitting at the kitchen counter, said with a insanely angry look on her face. she looked like she was ready to kill him.

seeing her like this caused kenma to flinch and tense up, and he muttered "y-yes..?"

"...did you report your father and i?"

kenma's heart sank.

"w-what?" "someone reported us to the police.. they are on their way here, apparently, someone provided clear evidence that your father and i are abusive.. who else could've done that but you? what the fuck is wrong with you? reporting your own parents—" she immediately went silent as there was a loud knock on the door.

the child could barely breathe. he watched fearfully as a few police officers walked into the home.

they took a long look at him, as he was frozen there.

kenma:
kuroo im scared and confused

kuroo:
what happened?
do i need to come get you?

kenma:
no but im so scared
someone reported my parents to the police
they had evidence, my mom just got arrested
and theyre taking me somewhere
to ask me some questions or something
kuroo they mentioned sending me away somewhere
what if i have to go somewhere far away
without you

kuroo:
hey, it's gonna be okay.
try not to assume the worst
you could end up living with us