Chapter 3: The First Quest

I looked at all available quests on the board, there were many all of different ranks but what annoyed me is that the rookie quest were just manual labor, farming and also being a waiter for a few hours, okay money but terrible for an adventurer so I took a Tin level quest to clear out a goblin nest that had attacked carriages and apparently kidnapped everyone they didn't kill, I took the quest up to the quest desk and the woman looked at me then the quest and her eyes widened "you're a rookie there is no way you can do a Tin rank quest, i'm sorry but I can't let you die on your first quest" I sighed 'they are really underestimating me' I leaned on the desk "I have never ever gone back on my word and I am confident I can give you my word that I will come back after slaughtering these goblins" I felt someone tap on my shoulder and turned around to see a pouting Kakao "ahh Kakao lovely to see you again, hey do mind telling these that I can handle some goblins" she glared at me "we got questioned by the guards because of you and fined, so you owe us" I nodded then she walked past me and she looked at the woman behind the desk "we couldn't kill the bandits but our friend here did, easily, I think you can give him a Tin level quest" she gestured to me and I nodded. The woman behind the desk sighed "fine i'll let you take the quest " she stamped the quest then rolled it up and passed it to me, I nodded to her and Kakao "when I get some money i'll pay you guys back" I chuckled before turning and walking out of the guild. I knew exactly where the nest was thanks to the system.

Mission Acquired:

Clear Goblin Nest

Rewards:

5,000 exp

100 gold coins

50 sp(System Points)

+50 rep with Tia

Failure:

-50 rep with Adventurers Guild and Tia

Possible Death

Bonus Objective:

Save any kidnapped people if alive

Rewards:

5000 exp per person saved

50 sp per person saved

failure:

Death of you and kidnapped people

Do you accept?

Y/N

I pressed yes and walked to the gates, it was around mid day so I decided to leave and get this quest done. I looked at my map and the system and marked the next, I smiled 'thank you System' I pumped Mana into my body and took off into the forest, running and swerving between and around trees, I had to slow down a bit since if I didn't I would've crashed into multiple trees. 

It took me around an hour to reach the cave that acted as a goblin nest, I jumped up to a tree branch and took out 10 senbon(basically needles), coated in poison and spotted a group of 6 goblins walking out of the cave, I took aim and threw 6 of the senbon, all hitting their targets and allowing the poison to act and kill the goblins after a few minutes of silent screaming. I activated my Sharingan and looked around to try and spot some Mana signatures, I saw no more so I dropped from the tree and walked into the shadows of the cave, my Sharingan allowed me to see in the dark, so if any goblins would come out I would hit them with a poisoned senbon, I didn't want to get swarmed since I would lose then so I sneaked around, killing goblins silently with senbon until I reached their main nest, it was a massive open area, goblins all around and in the middle tied to posts were two women and three men, one of the men seemed to be dead. I walked in the shadows before I channeled Mana into my feet which allowed me to walk up the walls and hang off the ceiling right above the tied up Humans, I could do this due to my Chakra Manipulation sub skill. I looked around and saw every goblin, all were walking around carrying the supplies stolen from the carriages, no one was watching the Tied up people, so I dropped down in the middle of the posts, they were in a circle and crouched and silently walked up to one of the women before covering her mouth and gesturing for her to stay quiet, she was scared at first before she nodded, the other tied up people, saw me and they knew I came to get them. I took out a knife and slowly cut each of them free, they stayed in place, acting like they were still tied up. I took 10 senbon out of my inventory and channeled Mana through my body before disappering and quickly running around tha cave silently, throwing senboon and snapping necks of several goblins before I tripped up and alerted the goblins, the men and women picked up the other dead man and ran down a path I cleared for them and I followed, after alot of frantic running we came to the entrance but a goblin threw a rock and it hit one of the women in the head and knocked her out, the others stopped to grab her but I pushed them "go!" I drew my sword before pointed my hand at the group of goblins "lightning bolt!" a bolt of lightning shot into the group causing the group to stop for a few seconds so I picked up the girl and threw her over my shoulder and held her with one of my hands with my sword in the other, I ran out of the cave and ran in a different direction to the others, leading the goblins away from them, every time they threw a rock, I turned and struck it with my sword before turning back and running, the girl eventually woke up so I stopped, put her down and told her to keep running, KI charged at the goblins and started cutting them down, I took a lot of hits and by the time they were all dead, I was on 50 Hp and tired.