Chapter 1

Armin's POV 

It's been about 2 years since Erwin and I broke up, but I still miss him. We only dated for a couple of months, but they were the best months of my life. I just feel a bit left out. Everyone has someone else. 

Jean has Marco, Mikasa has Annie and Eren and Levi have a kid. But I won't get back together with Erwin because he lied to me and that's not something I take lightly. 

It's really awkward now, random nods when passing in the hallways and all that. 

"Uh, Armin?" I looked up to see Erwin. Damn, his eyebrows are looking extra majestic today. 

"Yes, Commander?" 

"Can I see you in my office quickly?" 

I nodded, "Yes, of course Commander." He nodded back and we both went to his office. 

"Armin, I have been observing you recently. Well, not like that. That'd be weird. What I meant was-" 

"I know what you meant, Commander. You've been observing my skills as a soldier." 

"Uh, yes. I was thinking that maybe you need a promotion." 

"M-me, sir?" 

"Well, yes. That's why you're here. Because of your knowledge in strategy and all that, I wanted to promote you to Head Strategist." 

"Uh, thank you, sir. This means a lot." 

There was a minute of awkward silence until Erwin spoke up, "It won't be weird?" 

"What?" 

"Us working closely together?" 

"Of course not. It's been a couple years since then and I don't see why it would interfere with our work." 

"Ah yes. You're as practical as always, I see." 

I blushed slightly and smiled, but then cleared my throat, "Uh, so. We can put this whole relationship thing behind us and work together as colleagues. And behave properly without snarky comments and pretend we never went out." 

"You want to pretend we never dated?" 

"Erwin, this is what I'm talking about. I want to pretend that none of that ever happened." 

"Okay then. We'll be very civil about it all." 

"Like adults," I said. 

"Like adults," he repeated. 

A/N: Welcome to a new story by yours truly. If you haven't read the first story, I suggest doing that but you don't have to.

As always, vote and comment if you want.

Merry Christmas

-JJ