Chapter 7

It's been five months since Erwin and I had that fight and we've barely spoken otherwise. About a month ago, Mike dumped Erwin for a member of his squad. Karma, I guess. 

"Hey, Armin?" 

"Hey Hanji, what can I help you with?" 

"Well, I had an idea a few months ago to make a machine that allows people to see their baby before they're born using x-rays and all that. And I've finally finished it. Eren tested it and we saw that he's having a boy. And I was thinking that maybe you would like to test it out?" 

My eyes went wide, "You're telling me that I can see my baby? Like, right now?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Let's go." 

-time skip to Hanji's lab- 

Hanji set up all this random equipment whilst I just sat in a chair. 

"Okay, ready to go. Sit here and then we'll start." 

I sat on the bed and waited as Hanji looked at her weird monitor thing. 

"Is- is everything good?" 

"Yeah. Congrats Armin. It's a boy. But he looks really weir- Oh. Uhm, yeah correction. Boys." 

"Wait, I'm having twins?!" 

Hanji nodded and I felt more connected to the thing...things in my stomach. 

"So, have you spoke with Erwin recently?" 

"No, why?" 

"Well, after Mike broke up with him he has really come to his senses. He feels really bad about everything and wants to be a part of your babies lives. Maybe you should think about letting him into the twins' lives?" 

It was true that I wanted Erwin to be apart of my kids' lives. And I still feel very strongly for him. 

"But would he want that, Hanji?" 

"You'll never know until you talk to him. Do you still have feelings for him?" 

I nodded. But before I could say anything else there was a knock at the door, "Hanji? You here?" 

It was Erwin. 

Hanji opened the door and gestured for him to come inside. 

"Oh, hi Armin." 

I smiled weakly in response. 

"What's up, Commander Eyebrows?" 

Erwin sighed in annoyance, "I was going to ask you if you knew where Armin was." 

"I do." 

"I-I know you do, because he's right there..." 

Hanji cackled to herself and carried on working with her baby machine. 

I cleared my throat, "So, what can I help you with?" 

"I was wondering if we could talk?" 

"I think that we should. You can go first." 

"I realise that I was being a selfish prick and I shouldn't have said those things to you. I... I want to be a part of your child's life. Of our child's life. If you'd let me?" 

"Children. Plural. I'm having twins." 

Erwin's whole face lit up, "Really?! That's wonderful." 

"And yeah, you can be part of their lives. I'm sorry for the way I treated you as well. I was really emotional and I wasn't helping anything." 

Erwin looked extremely relieved, "One more thing, if it's not too much to ask, could we maybe try getting back together? After being with Mike, I realised that there was only one person for me." 

I smiled widely, "Yeah, we could try that." 

Erwin smiled as well and leaned in to kiss me. 

"Eugh, get a room, you two." 

I pulled back and glared at Hanji, "We did, that's why I'm in the situation I'm in now." 

Erwin laughed, "I like sassy Armin. Maybe I should get you pregnant more often." 

I laughed slightly, "Hehe, get me pregnant again and I'll shave your eyebrows off in your sleep." 

A/N: I'm going to be honest, I don't love this story. I think that it's too rushed and it doesn't run smoothly. But I'm going to put it up anyway and if I find a way to fix it, I will.

Anyway, thanks for reading. You can vote and comment if you want to.

-JJ