Chapter 2 - Despite Reaching My Hand Out

Tanjiro’s POV

After going to the café and talking to Kanao, I realized that I haven’t done any work at all. I haven’t started on any new songs or even thinking of making an album. It’s been like this for maybe 2 weeks. I’ve just been hit with lots of laziness and just been procrastinating and there’s that blonde boy also. “AGHHHHHH GOD WHY IS THIS SO ANNOYING!!”

I sigh as I step into my house. It was already 9 pm when I arrived back home and I already ate at that café so I didn’t need to make dinner. I decide to heat up the bath and prepare some nightwear.

I step into the hot bath and sigh. This was amazing. I have always loved taking hot baths at night or before going into bed. While relaxing in the bath, I just think about a lot of things; like that blonde boy, Kanao, and my next song. I couldn’t think of a new song cause I needed inspiration, which I haven’t come across any yet.

After taking a bath, I put on my clothes and collapse in the bed. Just thinking about everything makes me sleepy. Without noticing it, I have already fallen asleep.

~In the land of dreams~

“Tanjiro! Let’s play!” The blonde boy calls out to me.

“Ok! Let’s head to the playground then!” We head to the playground, hand in hand and talking and laughing. I really do love this boy.

We arrive at the playground and I see the blonde boy’s face light up. He looks really cute! He sprints towards the monkey bars and hangs. He keeps swinging and swinging. I was just looking at him and admiring his cute smile. Then, I see him starting to fall.

“Wahh!!!! T-tanjiro! Help me!!” Before I could run towards him, he fell. I started laughing really hard.

“WAHAHAHA- S-SORRY I- HAHAHAHAH”

“I-IT’S NOT FUNNY!!” He starts crying. He looked cute even though he was crying. I head over to him and stop laughing.

“WAHHHH!!! TANJIRO IS MEAN!!”

“Alright, sorry sorry.” I felt really bad for laughing but it was just really funny and really cute seeing him fall on his butt. I hold out my hand and help him to get up. After he gets up, he turns his back to me quickly.

“Hmph! You’re so mean!”

“I said I’m sorry!”

“Sorry’s not gonna help!” I really don’t know how to get him to forgive me… OH! What if I do “that”?

“Hey, I’m sorry. Will you please forgive me?”

“P-puppy eyes aren’t going to help!”

“Please? > . <” I smile at him and continue to show him puppy eyes.

“F-fine! You don’t have to be so cute…” He whispered the last part but I clearly heard it.

“What was that~~?” I start teasing him a little.

“Nothing!” I decide to stop because he might get angry again.

“OHHHH!” I jumped at his sudden yell. I look over to him and see him running towards a set of stairs that just lead up to the sky. What is that??

“W-wait up!!” I run as fast as I can, trying to catch up to him. He’s really fast!!

“Wait… please…” I stop to breathe for a bit. I was panting and sweating. He turns his back to me.

“Geez! Faster! I really want to go!” After he said that, I began shaking. I was really scared for him to leave me alone. So, I ignore my tiredness and my legs are starting to sore but, I need to catch up!

“L-let’s go.”

“Ok! Keep up with me okay?”

“Y-yeah.” After I said that, he shows me a smile and starts heading to the stairs again. It was a really bright white stairs. It was just heading towards the skies. It was really gorgeous but, it was the least of my problems right now. Right now, I need to catch up with him!!

We’re nearing the base of the stairs and I stop and just collapse on the ground. Luckily, I didn’t black out but I was really close to. I just look at him and see him just focusing on the stairs with his eyes shining so bright.

“Look, Tanjiro!! It’s so pretty and bright!!”

“I-it really is…” I was really tired. My stamina’s almost running out.

“Let’s continue!!”

“W-wait!!” He didn’t look back, he just went continued running up the stairs, hoping to get to the top. I can’t even see the top of it or even just a platform. It just kept going and going.

I run and run up the stairs. He wasn’t that far but, if I even stopped for a second, I would get left behind. I ignore my low stamina and just run and run up. I really didn’t want him to leave me alone.

My vision started getting blurry. Was I about to pass out? I just kept running and running until my legs gave out. I looked up to him and see his silhouette getting smaller and smaller. He didn’t turn back again. He really was just focused on heading up.

“W-wait!!! Don’t leave me alone!! Please come back to me!!!” I reach out my hand, hoping he’ll come back and wait for me. But no. I start to black out and now, I can’t even see his shadow anymore. He was now nowhere near me.

I finally collapse and fall. I kept falling and falling. This is familiar. I hit the ground and wake up.

~End of the dream~

I wake up crying… He left me alone… He left me… I just kept repeating and repeating those thoughts. I cried my eyes out. He was running too far forward that I couldn’t keep up with him anymore. Despite reaching my hand out….

Despite reaching my hand out, he didn’t come back for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Second chapter is out! I got this name for the chapter from one of KNY’s chapter names! It kind of inspired me as well. Anyway, enjoy! =)))