VI

Mallory's POV

Brooklyn and I walked to her locker after school. She was placing some books in there and we are meeting Alex at her car to go practice.

"Are we staying at the field long?" I looked at her as she quietly put her things up.

"Dave is coming to work with us on passing and front formation. Alex is staying for another thirty in order to work with Hope. It's not going to be too energy requiring, but it's not a quick practice...you don't have to go."

"Come on, I need to practice even if I don't like working out. I have to stay in shape and working out with you and Alex will keep me in form."

She went silent as she watched her much taller basketball friend walk by with a fellow midfielder. It would have lasted longer if the school wide notification noise that we heard weeks ago and soon forgot weren't to have resurfaced.

It was like an unlocked childhood memory flowed through every students mind as they all looked down at their phone. Quickly appearing the unfamiliar yet known mask on his face.

"I am ANONYMOUS. I am with the unpopular. I am against hierarchy. The toxic highschool system of popularity will be destroyed before I dissapear. Michael Porter Jr. you're first. Here we go."

"Oh no..." Brooklyn hesitantly continued to look at her phone as the video continued. Alex and Michael are close friends. Michael was like an older brother to her.

"How does it feel to hold a full ride to one of the best basketball schools in the world. It only makes sense that you used drugs to achieve such a hard goal. It must be easy to get away with things when you're rich."

I quickly glanced up at everyone, but I didn't meet a single pair of eyes everyone was just to worried about the video.

"In fact it must be easier to have a whole team of guys who shoot their arms with steroids before every game. Things wouldn't even be as bad if it weren't for the amount of disrespect a sports team has had towards women."

"no...no no no they can't be-."

"So Michael Porter Jr. how did the rape of Mallory Pugh feel? Raping an innocent soccer player the summer before her freshman year. The videos that you kept the picture taken of her passed out body. You're officially cancelled."

"Mal...?"

I felt the tears rush down my face as I ran out of the school as fast as I could. I never wanted anyone to know. I got drunk and I was just trying to put everything behind me. I just wanted every memory of that situation to go away.

Now that's impossible. Everyone knows.

"MALLORY! Wait." Brooklyn caught up to me and grabbed my wrist, but I could barely see her. My eyes were watering and my throat felt like it collapsing.

"Mal. It's okay." Brooklyn pulled me in and wrapped her arms around me. I completely lost it. My legs were weak and I just began sobbing in her arms.

How could this anonymous guy say this in front of the whole school. It's one thing to expose Michael which he deserved, but I shouldn't have been dragged into this.

"Mal why don't you come over to my place for a little while and calm down."

"Is that really a good idea right now?" She looked at me confused, but I didn't want to say his name. That's practically her older brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you wanna talk about what happened?" Brooklyn looked at me with a blank expression. This was alot for everyone to handle. This is going to split so many friendships. There's a reason no one was supposed to find out.

"It was at my house wasn't it?" I gave a small nod and she sighed. "Mal I am so so sorry about all of this. I should have been with you-."

"This is in no way your fault...you did disappear that night though. Where did you go?"

"Umm Madison was upset about something..."

"Great while I was getting raped Madison found another reason to pull you away from everyone else."

"What is that supposed to me?"

That your best friend is a cheating slut, but I can't tell you because it would ruin your relationship and friendship. "Nothing, I just don't think that she's good friend, but I'll leave it at that."

"Can I be honest with you?" I looked at her concerned, but nodded.

"I think Madison and KJ have something going on between them." I clenched my jaw and shook my head. "Better coming out of your mom rather than mine."

"So you knew?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to be the one to tell you."

"You haven't been telling me a lot lately apparently."

"You can't hold that against-."

"Mal. I'm not. Just upset about a lot lately." We both went silent and turned our head when Alex and Christen walked in. Alex held eye contact with Brooklyn as Christen quietly sat next to me.

"We need you to answer something as honestly as possible. Is it true that Michael raped you?" Alex looked Brooklyn dead in the eyes as if she was making sure I wasn't lying through her.

"I'm not even the one who released the rumor and you still didn't believe me!"

"EXACTLY SO I NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU PUGH DID HE OR DID HE NOT DO IT?"

"Yeah he did...at your party, at your house. Sorry Brooklyn, I'm gonna leave." I got up and grabbed my bags, but I heard footsteps following me out the door. I didn't want to turn around.

"Mal, we've got your back. Alex is upset and processing things right now, but trust us." Christen gave me a soft smile and walked back inside, but if this anonymous guy said that about Michael who was thought to be a great guy what could be coming out about the two perfect sisters?

A\N: Comment something you think Anonymous will say about Alex or Brooklyn👀