Chapter 1

A/n: Hey y'all! I hope you like my story. It might be bad but please don't be mean about it if you see a mistake. However, I would really appreciate it if you could politely point it out in the comments. I'll see you at the end of the chapter. Bye for now, Tabby.

Beep beep beep. "Ugh." (y/n) groaned, rolling over and turning off her alarm clock. Is it morning already? (Y/n) thought. She tried to fall back asleep, but her mom burst into her room, full of energy.

"Time to get up!" Her mom cheerfully informed her, as if (y/n) didn't know that's what the alarm meant. (Y/n) whined, "It's too early!"

"You have school. Tomorrow's Saturday and you can sleep in, but for today you have to get your butt up and dressed. The bus will be here in 45 minutes." (Y/n)'s mom told her. After her mom left, (y/n) stumbled to her closet and put on a (f/c) shirt with black shorts. Thank goodness it is almost summer, she thought to herself as she brushed her teeth. After running a brush through her hair, she ran down the steps two at a time following her nose into the kitchen.
"Hi Sleeping Beauty!" Her stepfather greeted her.

"Good morning!" She replies groggily, as her mom sets a plate of her legendary french toast on the table. "Alright!" She says perking up, reaching for a few pieces. After putting syrup and powdered sugar on them, (y/n) practically inhaled the sugary goodness.
"Slow down or your going to choke." scolds her mom. (Y/n) slows down enough to actually be able to taste the food. She then looks at the time and jumps up from the table, banging her knee in the process. She yelps in pain, limping over to grab the lunch she had packed the night before from the fridge.

"What's the rush?" (S/f/n) asks.
"The bus will be here in two minutes!" (Y/n) says, fumbling with the laces on her sneakers. She grabs her backpack and rushes out the door just as the bus pulled up. When the doors open to let her in, (y/n) bounces up the steps looking for her bff, (b/f/n).
She found her sitting reading a book in the back of the bus.

"Whatcha readin'?" (Y/n) asks plopping down in an empty seat next to her.
(B/f/n) held up a finger, commanding (y/n) to wait. A minute later (b/f/n) finished her chapter and responded to her previous question, "Keeper of the Lost Cities." After that, they chatted about random topics until the bus pulled into the parking lot of Indian Land High school. When they walked in and headed towards their lockers, a girl handed them both a flyer. It announced that there was going to be a Spring dance next Friday. They were discussing what to wear to the dance, when they heard a voice yell "DUCK!"

However, since it was still early, (Y/n)'s brain didn't process the command until the football was inches from her face. She held her hands in front of her face, catching the ball. Kyle, who had been her crush since forever, jogged through the crowded halls, apologizing as he took the ball from (y/n)'s hands, which were still clutching the ball.

"You have good reflexes," he complimented.
"Th-thanks, Kyle." (Y/n) stuttered, as she felt her cheeks heat up. Waving, he walked back to his friends. (B/f/n) turned to stare at (y/n) with wide eyes. The same shocked expression was mirrored on their faces. (B/f/n) hurriedly grabbed (y/n)'s arm and dragged her over to their lockers.
"D-did that really just happen?" (Y/n) asked in disbelief.
"It really did!!" (B/f/n)  squealed. Just then the bell rang. Grabbing their books, they hurried to homeroom.

-timeskip to lunch-

Starving, (y/n) grabbed her lunch bag out of her locker and walked to the cafeteria. She spotted (b/f/n) sitting at their usual table with their other friend, Amber, who was accident-prone as heck. They were both laughing when I arrived at the table. When I asked them what was so funny they told me that, Caleb, Amber' s boyfriend, was at his family's mountain house for a three day weekend starting today and he had invited Amber.

"Well, when I asked my parents if I could go with them, my dad told me I could go if I was accident free for 24 hours." Amber started giggling as she finished the story. "Two minutes later I started going up the stairs and just as I made it to the top I slipped and cut my chin."

"Wow," (y/n) exclaimed chuckling. "You really are cursed." She opened her bag and pulled out her favorite sandwich, turkey and gouda. Just as she was about to bite into the yumminess she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned her head back to see who it was. There stood Kyle with a sheepish grin on his face.
"Hey, (y/n)," he greeted bashfully. "Can I speak to you?"

"Uh, um, yeah." (Y/n) replied just as timid.
Claiming she had to use the bathroom, (b/f/n) dragged a confused Amber away, leaving me and Kyle standing alone, awkwardly.
"I was- If you didn't have other plans I was- ummm- Well I was thinking- You don't have to.." Kyle groaned in frustration. Kyle is getting flustered? This is a first!  Taking a deep breath, he started over. "(Y/n), I was hoping that you and I could go to the dance together. I don't want you to feel like you have to if-" (y/n) cut him off by enthusiastically nodding her head.

"YES! I would love to go to the dance with you!" She exclaimed in delight. Breathing a sigh of relief, he smiled and said that he couldn't wait. After he had gone back to finish his lunch the excited girl was immediately hugged from behind as (b/f/n) and Amber had overheard the conversation like the nosy friends they are. As the afternoon wore on, (y/n) daydreampt about how perfect the dance was going to be. Nothing is going to spoil it, (y/n) thought with determination.

A/n: Wow! 1000+ on my first chapter! Don't worry, Luka will be coming in soon. Till next time, Tabby!