✨Chapter 1✨

Early note- the first 2 chapters may be trash..but third onwards it gets better

*YOONGI'S POV*

'In the photograph I'm smiling but my memories from that day are far from happy.' I thought as i looked at my photo with master on my bedside table.

I had just woken up from my long slumber trying to remember why this day was important. Last night had gone in helping sir perform an exorcism and im my head the agonizing screams of the victim still echoed. My throat felt dry and my head seemed to be made of lead.

I turned my head to the other side to squint at the calender. 15 th of april. Hmm. I suddenly jolted up as i read the tiny words written in black under the date. It was my first day at the fair. Finally the day i had waited for was here.

Someone else might have felt exicited ... or nervous or wouldve felt something anything but I? I felt nothing... just the same old void within me. I sighed as i crawled of my bed and went to freshen up and change.

**********************1 hr later

It was 6 am and i stood on the balcony of our kitchen gazing out towards the sun now peeking from the horizon its rays of light streaching themselves across the darkness of the sky. Cracking the darkness to reveal the yellow. Wish someone did that to me.

The silence of the was morning disturbed only by the chirping of the birds and the distant ringing of someones alarm. Felt so peaceful. So divine.

I gently padded across our field barefoot trying not to step on a plant as i walked towards the huge banyan tree. It was my daily routine to sit under the tree and meditate. Helped me with magic and play of emotions.

An hour or so later i heard pots and pans clatter, and the fire sizzle. Well the old man was up time to help him out with the breakfast and the herbs.

********************
At the fair. Time - 7: 30am

It was 7 : 30 already and several shop keepers were setting up their shops and wares. We made our way across the field. I, holding three bags at a time while master walked by my side his back bent double over by the weight of years of knowledge and learning. I looked at him observing him closely. He didnt seem to notice. (Or perhaps he did)

He was otherwise a man with quite a good height if it hadnt been for his bent spine. He had a long beard, pale wrinkled face, nearly bald.. he almost looked comical like those old Disney wizards in a magical story. I was gonna miss him. If I could.

Today once my shop was complete and prepared he shall head for the Himalayas. (Well it was the old man's dream to go their and meditate and learn the ways of life from the Lama)

We continued to walk on the soft grass for the next few minutes in comfortable silence. Neither of us seemed to mind it. I continued to observe him i wish i could miss him.

Some time later we finally reached our spot at the fair. It was a small temporary shop. I put down the bags i was carrying and started arranging my supplies like herbs the mood chart, the herbs, insence sticks, putting up our sign etc etc while master sat there on a small wooden stool and looked at me work with adoring doe eyes and a soft smile.

Half an hour later our shop was ready as I hung the last string of yellow fairy lights. Our shop was actually a small tent like the typical ones you imagine with white and red stripes, a slit which acted like a door, a small wooden sign painted with neon paint stood by it.

But on the inside ot was well lit with several fairy lights and smelled of vanilla. In the center the there was white round table. Like those fancy ones you see in a cafe with two metal chairs on opposite sides facing each other. Right next to it stood a sign representing colours associated with moods.

We stood there admiring our little nook when someone announced, "Dear stallholders the first day of our 1 week fair shall begin within the next 15 minutes. Kindly remain prepared"

This was it. The day that could change my life. Either for good or bad...

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

P.S- hey guys this my first time writing so i request u to tell me if there are any ways in which i may improve and feel free to rate my writing honestly... thnx a lot uwu