[19] FUNintheSUN

May excitedly gets out of the car, and into the fresh Mexico air, Jacob standing beside her

May excitedly gets out of the car, and into the fresh Mexico air, Jacob standing beside her. "Wow." She comments as she looks ahead at their hotel.

"Why don't you two sit down while we go check in." Laurie says to the two, who nod. Jacob and May take a seat on the comfortable couches, looking at Jacob's phone, unsure of what to do without the WiFi.

"It's FUNintheSUN."

They look up, spotting another girl leaning on another couch. "What?" Jacob asks. "The WiFi password. It's FUNintheSUN. All in one word, Fun and sun are in caps." She explains.

"Thank you." May smiles as Jacob types it in. "Can I ask? Are you... Jacob Barber?" She inquires as the two look back up at her.

"Yeah." He nods. "And you're May Rifkin. You're the sister." She realizes. "That's me." She purses her lips, leaning back in the chair. "Wow. I mean, I thought so but I wasn't entirely sure. I'm really sorry for your loss, May." The girl quickly says.

"Thanks." The girl nods. "It must be kind of weird getting recognized." The blonde girl chuckles. "Hey, Well, Guess we're famous, Jake." May jokes, nudging him.

"Can't tell if this is extremely cool or extremely embarrassing." Jacob jokes. "Both." May chimes in, causing the girl to laugh. "Yeah. I bet."

"Hey, I'm Hope, by the way." she introduces. "Oh, that's such a pretty name. It's nice to meet you, Hope." May grins. "Nice to meet you." Jacob agrees.

Soon enough, Andy and Laurie come to take them up to the room.

***

"It's amazing. This is like a whole apartment." May says in amazement, running into another room and falling onto the bed. Jacob follows her inside, then chuckles. "Hey, look. We've got a TV to watch all your terrible movies." May points out.

"Will you ever stop?" He raises his eyebrows. May sits up, facing him while he takes a seat on the bed. "Not in a million years." She responds, leaning in and placing a kiss on his lips, before quickly pulling out in realization.

"Jake, we have to go to the pool." She practically shouts. "May, we have a whole week and a half to be here, trust me, we'll get to the pool." He assures, laughing slightly.

"Sorry. Got a little excited." May sighs, smiling to herself. "Never been on a vacation like this before."

"No shit? Really?" Jacob turns to look at her. She shakes her head. "Well, Guess we've got a lot of expectations to uphold. Wanna go to the pool? Let's go to the pool." He snaps his fingers.

"Hey, Mom, Dad. Can we go to the pool?" Jacob asks. "Yeah, sure. Just change into your bathing suits and you're good to go." Laurie shrugs.

***

May swims around excitedly, Jacob barely being able to catch up to her. "May, wait up! You're too fast!" He laughs, following after her. "You're just slow!" She shouts.

"Have you ever considered being an Olympic swimmer?" Jacob jokes. "Yeah! I'll just doggy paddle my way to that gold medal, won't I?" May stops when she reaches the wall, being met with the out of breath Jacob.

"Can we take a break?" He requests, standing in front of her, then leaning his head down onto her shoulder.

"Sure." May snickers. "How are you so fast?" Jacob questions. "A lot of bottled up energy. Jesus, are you okay? You look totally breathed out." She lets out a small laugh.

"I'm fine. Just, like, stay still got for a second." He inhales deeply. "You are so pathetic. Here, let me re-energize you." She smirks. Jacob looks up at her, squinting his eyes at the sun.

May pretends to lean in for a moment, before backing away, and swimming off. "May!" Jacob calls out, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Gotta catch me, Jake!" She grins, looking back at him. Without noticing, she backs away into someone else. "Oh, sorry." She turns around, only to find Hope.

"Hope, hey." She smiles. "Hey, how are you?" Hope waves. "I'm ecstatic. Jacob, he's a little tired out." She laughs, pointing at Jacob, who was slowly making his way over.

"Yeah, a little." Hope lets out a short chuckle, then turns to the short haired girl. "Hey, I was wondering actually if you two wanted to go water rafting with me on the beach tomorrow. It'll be super fun." She offers.

"Water rafting? I've never done that before." May tilts her head curiously. "It's super easy. It'd be great to have you guys." Hope explains.

"Yeah, sure. Hey, Jake." May greets as he arrives. "Wanna go water rafting on the beach with Hope tomorrow?" She asks. "Uh, Yeah. Sure." He shrugs.

"Awesome." Hope nods.