Prologue

As young kids, we are brought up on the legend of Paramecia, Diabolus and the first colony.

"Okay class, settle down. It is time for a final history lesson before this school year can officially end." Mrs. Kimra was one of the Sacrae teacherS. On the first day of every year, she teaches the new students the story of how their world first came to be.

"Many years ago, in year 2347, Earth was on the brink of destruction. The only thing that was left to do was either watch as out entire world died or send one space craft, the first colony, on a 4 year trip to a new planet.

It was a long shot, but the people of Earth weren't ready to give up. They chose 10 couples that were willing to take this risk to travel to the new planet and create the new population of people and new life.

The mission was successful, but it did not go as planned. They did land perfectly fine, ready to colonize and start the new life they had ready, but there was already beings inhabiting the planet.

The beings introduced themselves to the colony, Diabolus and Paramecia, and that the planet they have now inhabited is called Fallacia. They told the colony that they were the only two inhabiting this planet, but they were happy to share... for a price.

Diabolus is often described as what people would call the devil back on earth. Dark red, wrinkly skin and black pupiless eyes. No tail or horns, but he did carry a black staff carved from obsidian. The top had a shiny red jewel, the top of the jewel carved to a sharp point.

Paramecia on the other hand was the definition of angelic. Sharp beautiful featured and almost pure white eyes. Her skin seemed to be almost glowing, holding a staff carved out of diamond but the edge of that staff was flattened completely.

They gave the colony a choice of two different lives. Diabolus offered the colony anything they could desire completely for free, for the small price of giving them a piece of his own soul. He had been alone with no humans for so long, he wanted to give them a piece of his soul so he could live a fun human life through them.

Paramecia offered the opposite, she promised a fulfilling life where you had to work for what you needed to achieve, but you would be in charge of protection. People running around with a piece of Diabolus's soul in them could easily get out of hand when the devil side came out, so it would be their job to protect them. They would have to work but they would not have to be given a piece of their soul.

So the first colony split, and shockingly only one couple chose the way of the Sacrae and did not give up a piece of them, they decided to work hard and become who your parents are today.

The rest of the colony became what we just call the Culpatus. They are not human, they dont have all of their soul in them so they are not to be trusted. That is why it was the purists job to control them. When Diabolus decides to cause a little havoc, he uses the piece of his soul in them to turn them into disgusting demons that wreck havoc among the entire colony.

Once you all turn 12, you have the choice to remain pure and keep the life of the Sacrae or you can give yourself up to Diabolus and become one of the Culpatus. You must choose wisely, for you can always change from Sacrae to Culpatus but you can never become untainted."

Until they are 12 all the children are taught separately, the Sacrae parents didn't want their pure children to be around the other children, even though all children are born pure.

Once the childeren turn 12, at the end of the school year they have to choose. Once the child chooses their path if life, they are sent into one of two schools. The Sacrae are taught the ways of law enforcement and the ways of the protecters and how to do their jobs while the Culpatus children are taught about technology and how to 'control' the demon inside even though it wasnt their choice as to when they turn fully tainted.

The children stared in awe of their teacher, they have heard the story millions of times in their childhood but now this is different then all the times before. Today was the last day of the school year and they were all now 12, tomorrow was choosing day. The next 24 hours would shape who they are and what they are to become.