Part 12: The After-Party

Cassis James:

That is when the alcohol decides to make a scene.

I find myself leaning over the sink, vomiting, holding my sweaty, golden curls out of my own face. A hand rubs my back as my body convulges in spasms, my stomach churning unhappily. Groaning, I turn on the tap, rinsing out my mouth. A perfectly good night down the drain. Quite literally, I realize with a giggle.

I stumble out of the kitchen in my heeled boots, aiming for the front door. Home. I need... home.... I stumble drunkenly past couples to my car, fumbling with the keys. Everything is so... lethargic and hazy...

I am vaguely aware of being put into the passenger seat, my keys being taken. I dance in my seat, partying in the muffled thrum of the music until I simply lay back, arms over my head, eyes closed. "Won't you take me home," I mumble, giggling incoherently.

Natalia Parker:

Frowning, I take her hand when I stop at a red light. "I'm taking you, Cassis." Though, she does need to sober up first. Maybe, just maybe I can take her to my house. Biting my lip, I decide to take her somewhere else.

Stopping at a gas station, I run in for a couple of bottles of water. "Here you go," I hand her one before pulling  out. The car ride is interesting to say the least. She keeps saying weird things. Though, I wonder why she hadn't stayed behind at the party to be with her boyfriend. Maybe Liam is right.

Pulling up to the abandoned house, I carefully carry her up the stairs. No one would notice us here considering the owners were on vacation for a few months. And, I come by every day to feed the dogs, which are found sleeping on the couch. I roll my eyes, some guard dogs.

Carefully, I carry her into the bedroom, the guest bedroom where I sometimes crash after work. I lay her down on the bed, sitting next to her.

Cassis James:

In a semi-sleep state, I have no idea what I am saying. Her name is a frequent word, but other than that, it's all a blur. I am vaguely aware of being carried up a staircase; probably to my bedroom. No, not enough stairs... I open my eyes and look around, confused, when she sets me down.

When Natalia Parker sets me down.

I giggle. "Are we at your house?" I ask drunkenly, sprawling across the bed in a stretch. "Come heeeere," I whine, tugging at her hand until her face is upon my chest. I run a slow hand through her hair, only for it to halt at her ponytail. I frown, and try to take the band out gently.

Natalia Parker:

"No, this isn't my house." I answer, finding my face on her chest within seconds. Damn, for a drunk person, she sure has a strong hold. Her hand begins to run through my hair but stops abruptly, pulling at the ponytail.

"Cassis," I wince, pulling away. "Sober up a bit so I can take you home." I need some coherency from her so I can get directions. "Unless you want to sleep here."

Cassis James:

"Sleep with me, tonight," I giggle, touching her drunkenly. Frowning, I reach for her hair again. "Put it dowwwwn," I whine, wanting to run my hands through her beautiful hair. I giggle, touching her lips gently. My hand slowly slides down from her face, along her neck, and down her torso. It ends at her thigh, resting there.

Shifting, I curl up with my head in her lap, not caring that my red dress is riding up. I wrap my arms around her waist, my face near her warm core. I start to relax against her, growing sleepy.