Part 13: Goodmorning, Sunshine, the World Says Hello

Cassis James:

Drifting out of a dreamless slumber, I find myself wrapped around a warm body. I have a leg between theirs, my hand under their shirt at their soft, flat belly. My naked chest is pressed to a fabric-covered back, and my face is enveloped by the strawberry scent of her hair.

My eyes open suddenly to see the back of  Natalia Parker's neck mere inches away.

I pull away quickly, scrambling to get under the covers we had slept on top of last night. With my chest covered by the blanket, my hands over it, I demand as she turns over, "Why the fuck are you in my bed?"

Natalia Parker:

I'm jerked awake with movement of the bed, nearly falling off as I jump up. Cringing as her voice raises, I rub my forehead. "What are you talking about? You asked me to stay here and sleep with you." Opening my eyes, I look over at her, covering herself with a blanket. "Now you care about covering yourself." I mumble, remembering what nearly happened last night, "You pulled me into a shower. I honestly don't think that you being half naked around me matters when I've seen you entirely naked."

Cassis James:

I stare at her in horror, my face reddening. "I pulled you... I did what?" What else did I do? God, I was so drunk. I close my eyes and rub my throbbing temples. "Ughh.."

Suddenly, I get up and run to the bathroom, aiming for the toilet; hangover time.

After emptying my stomach of its noxious contents, I brush my teeth, my eyes half closed. I wrap myself in a towel to cover my torso. Even if she has seen it all, I'm shy about my body being exposed like that. I pick up my underwear and the dress from last night, along with hers.

Back in the room, I pull on a shirt, dropping our clothing into my laundry. I walk into my large closet, trying to ignore the pounding in my head. "Parker?" I call, pulling out a casual green dress I had purchased in France one year. The tag still remains attached; I have never worn it.

Natalia Parker:

She leaves, most likely to get sick. I curl up, bringing my knees to my chin, not even thinking about the nakedness that is showing itself.

She doesn't remember. She doesn't remember any of it.

I don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. Deciding that I should take Hailey's advice, I'll ask her about liking girls. But, then, that may lead her to question what happened.

She walks out of the bathroom, heading to a closet. "Yes?" I ask when she calls me by my last name.

Cassis James:

"Well, come in here," I call back impatiently, rolling my eyes. "Around the corner." I tug the tag off of the piece, tossing the slip of paper with a number of zeros into a small trash bin.

My eyes flit over her once, quickly, my heart quickening slightly at the sight of her in just my shirt. I bite my lip, but ignore the thoughts that run through my head. Instead, I hold up the green dress against her body, seeing it on her. "I think it should fit," I say critically, then hand the dress to her.

"Wear this, today. To the mall." Looking into her beautiful blue eyes, I bite my lip. I want to reach out and tuck the stray lock of dark hair behind her ear. I raise my hand to, but hesitate. My cheeks flush, just slightly, and I carefully tuck her hair behind her ear before walking out of the closet, heading to the bathroom to shower.